--chapter 17--

Mello had moved back in. He claimed that he was completely ok now. He was happy for me and Matt. I didn’t know if I could completely believe that. Surely he was still at least a little scarred, we’re we all not?

I hated it. I hated that I couldn’t push him away. I hated that I was in love with them both, still, after all I’ve been through. This was so infuriating. I wanted to get into his head, to see every single one of his thoughts and emotions. But I couldn’t, due to my promise of giving them their own personal privacy. This really sucked.

~Two weeks Later~

I had tried to speak to Mello, but every time I did, I couldn’t help but slipping back down a backward spiral. It was making me vomit.

Things were getting better. I was able to look him in the face without wanting to kill both him and I.

As I had thought, he was in Wittenberg all that time. But why would his trace flow here? Or was my brain just that desperate to seek him out?

Mello seemed unaffected.

He was happy, and that was good.

I began to have an immense headache, perhaps by Matt’s short absence.

“You okay?” Mello asked.

“Headache.”

“Oh.” He knew how weak I was to headaches. “Do you want me to get you something?”

“No, I'm fine Mello.” I tried to smile at him. He had no trouble smiling at me.

He leaned forward onto his knees, sending a drift of his scent towards me. I sniffed at it with delight. It was my favorite scent on him, his favorite body spray.

I watched him take a chunk out of his chocolate bar. I narrowed my eyes and grinned as I conceived a devious plan. I inconspicuously scooted closer to him on the couch.

He didn’t notice. I slowly advanced. He was absorbed in the TV.

Finally, when I was close enough, I snatched the remains of his chocolate bar and ran off, just as Matt came in.

“Hey! Bellatrixx! Give that back!”

I hid behind Matt. He smirked.

“Mine.” I said.

“Bellatrixx that was mine!”

I only grinned, with the chocolate in my mouth.

Matt laughed. “Come on, let her have it.” He said to Mello. He only glared at me. I imagined a big black scribbly of annoyance over his head. It made me giggle.

“Besides, he got you more.” I said sweetly.

“True, here.” Matt tossed the chocolate bar to Mello. It was the jumbo size. Matt moved out of the way between us. Damn him, he was supposed to protect me, not throw me out to Blondie.

Now I acted jealous.

“Don’t you dare!” Mello warned. He knew what I was thinking.

My grin grew. I slowly inched forward.

“Bellatrixx!” Mello said, stepping backwards.

“What?” I said, acting stupid. I pounced. Mello jerked his arm backwards, and we fell onto the floor.

“Gimme that damn chocolate!” I yelled.

“What the hell?! Get off of me!” Mello replied.

“Gimme!”

“No!”

“Mello-“

“What the fuck?! I'm gone for two minutes and you two are fighting over chocolate.” Matt said, leaning over and picking me up by my waist. He hoisted me onto his shoulders. His bony shoulder was hurting my stomach.

“Matt!” I cried. “Put me down!”

Mello hopped up, opened the chocolate and took a large bite, knowing he was teasing me.

“Mello! I want that damn-dammitt Matt! Put me down!” I said, squirming.

He held me tight, laughing as he carried me towards our room.

Mello looked smug. I glared.

Matt nearly threw me in and pulled the door shut.

“What the fuck?” I said quietly. “Matt what the hell!”

I only heard the two laughing. Stupid jerks.