--chapter 48--

(Judith to the right--->)

Bellatrixx’s POV

There he was. That stupid sonofabitch who had taken everything from me. I hated Light Yagami. He sat there in his chair, smirking up at me, malice shining in his eyes.

The other members of the Task Force were surprised at my appearance. They hadn’t seen me in forever, not since L died.

“Where’s my daughter?” I asked him again through clenched teeth.

The Task Force watched us silently, pressed. They could tell Light and I weren’t friends.

“What do you mean, Bellatrixx?” he asked.

“Don’t play your games, Light. You know I will kill you.”

“I don’t think you will.”

“Where’s Rouge?!” I snarled.

“Miss Atsuri, I think you should leave now.” One of the members said.

“It’s Mrs. Jeevas, to you.” I snapped. I turned my attention back to Light.

“You’re married? Hm.” Light said thoughtfully. “Mello’s name isn’t Jeevas.”

“No. Fuck it, Raito, where’s my daughter?!”

“I don’t know.”

I glared at him.

“Seriously, Bellatrixx, I don’t know. Hector took off without her.” He gave me a pretentious look.

“So you hired him to take her from BB?” I asked.

“Yes. He came back here with her, and was gone the next day. May we talk in private?” He looked around, and the team immediately dispersed. I made sure they couldn’t hear us. “Anyways,” he continued. “He’s probably dead now. Rouge is on her own.”

“She’s four!”

“I’m sorry. But she’s out of my grasp. She did bring you here, though, and that’s what I wanted.”

“What do you want, Light?” I asked, he was really annoying me. “And who’s Hector?”

“A fellow Treashierian who I figured could do the job.” He answered, calm as ever. “And I just wanted to ask you who that man was on TV. The one who attempted an attack on Takada.”

“It wasn’t an attack, it was a distraction. And that was my husband that you had killed.”

“Husband?”

“Rouge’s father.” I hissed.

“Ah.” He nodded. “He was a threat.”

“Who’s Hector?”

“I’ve already told you.”

“Damnit Light, answer me!” I wanted to punch him.

“Look, Bellatrixx, he’s gone now, okay? There’s nothing more I can do.”

“Imagine his face in your mind, that’s all I need.” I instructed. I scanned his mind until I saw a particular face, one that matched BB’s description.

“This is him,” Light said. “Hector.”

I nodded and immediately took off. I had my target now. I was coming for Rouge.

Mello’s POV

I shuffled around the streets, looking for something to do. The place was too quiet without Belaltrixx, and I had moved back into Bethany’s.