--chapter 30--

“Mello?”

I blinked.

“Mello what did she show you?” I faintly heard Bellatrixx’s voice.

I noticed that Matt had taken Rouge back into his arms.

I said nothing, ignoring their surprised calls. I walked out, I was way past freaked. This was insane.

Two days later, Bellatrixx was finally on her feet again. Surprisingly, Matt was back to his video games, but at least he checked on the two every so often. He sat next to his wife and child.

Things almost seemed to be back to normal. The boss had set me up with hacking into Takada’s main security breech, which would only take 3 months, unnoticed. I wondered how much Matt would contribute, now that he had a child. It seems like his plan for her to get distracted backfired; he was the one always distracted by Rouge.

“No! Shit!” Matt yelled at his game.

“Matt!” Bellatrixx chided.

“What?” He looked at Rouge. “She’s too young to know-“

“She is not! Are you forgetting what she is?”

“A . . . baby?”

I laughed. She smacked the back of his head.

“Ow! What the hell?!”

“Matt!” she smacked his head again. She turned and glared at me. “Keep laughing goldilocks!”

I tried to stop, but I only succeeded with a smirk.

“Meelllooo!” Matt came up behind me, calling my name in a very odd voice.

I turned, to see him grinning like an idiot.

“I have something to show you.”

I narrowed my eyes. “What did you do?”

“Oh come on, that’s insulting!” Matt gave me a funny face.

I rolled my eyes. “Really? What is it, Matt?”

I followed him down the hallway to the spare room we used to keep all our miscellaneous mafia stuff. I hesitated before going in after him.

“Matt, you weren’t serious?” Bellatrixx came in behind me.

He only grinned as he put something in my hand.

“Happy birthday!” Matt joked. Was he serious? If so, he was four months late on my birthday. It was nearing March.

It was a bullet. I looked at the engraving on it.

Mello knocked this up’

“For when forensics people pull out the bullet in Takada’s head!” Matt inched near the doorway, handing me a whole box of bullets. They all said the same thing.

“What the fuck?! Matt! I'm going to kill you!” I snarled, just as he sprinted out the door. I was able to snatch his DS out of his back pocket. I growled, turned to Bellatrixx and snatched her phone from her unexpectant hands.

“Mello! Give that back!”

She chased me as I chased Matt to the other end of the apartment. It was a good thing Bellatrixx had bought such a large one.

“Look what I have!” Matt was holding one of my favorite chocolate bars.

I growled and tackled him off the back of the couch. “You bastard!”

He laughed as I pinned him down.

Bellatrixx hopped onto my back, grabbing into my pockets for her phone.

We were in a wrestling heap. “Gimme my phone back!”

“Tell Matt to gimme back my chocolate! And to destroy those bullets!”

“Matt you asshole!” Bellatrixx yelled. “Shoot yourself in the foot. Or I’ll do it!”

“Goddamnit Mello get your fat ass off of me!” he was still laughing.

Bellatrixx snatched her phone, and stood up. Matt sprang up and held me off with his arm. I held up his DS.

“Dude!” he said.

“Give me the chocolate.” I said calmly.

“Give me my DS.”

“You’re not getting it until I get my chocolate.”

“You’re not getting it until I get my DS.”

“Matt don’t be a jerk.” Bellatrixx said. She took the DS from my hands. “Mello, don’t be a dick.” She took the chocolate from his hands as well.

I could tell we were about to pounce her at once. She threw both the DS and the chocolate out the nearby window. Damn she had a bad habit for that.

Matt and I glared at each other.

“You bitch!”

She whirled, wickedly grinning at us. “Do something.”

She knew we wouldn’t. She beamed in victory.

“Did you really . . . throw my DS . . . ?!” Matt was flabbergasted.

She went to get Rouge then came back. “Oh shutup Matt.” Bellatrixx said, handing him a brand new one. His face immediately lit up. He kissed Rouge and Bellatrixx and went go test out his new DS. I looked to her. What about me?!

She winked, glanced to see that Matt wasn’t looking, and pulled one of the world’s finest chocolate bars from her shirt.

I grinned. She still had it in for me, huh? That was alright. I still loved her, nonetheless.

That was the best damn chocolate bar I ever had.

Bellatrixx’s POV

Matt and Mello were somewhere on the other side of Berlin, doing their usual mafia stuff. I stayed home of course, to take care of Rouge. She looked old enough to be a toddler already. She was only three weeks old, though.

It was strange, her development. Her thick golden hair was already filling in, falling in thick, loose, luscious curls. Matt had told me had had more of me in her, but I knew better. She resembled Matt more than anything. And of course . . . Mello had his mark on her too.

I felt as if she was repelling Mello away from me, and herself. Was he really that freaked? I still had the nagging feeling that I shouldn’t have told him. I had to get him more . . . open to her. I could dye her hair . . . but what would that change, in essence? Nothing. He would always know her as partially his child. He was far from ready for one.

What the hell was I going to do?