Chapter 9: Camp Riptide POV:Percy

Time Transition of 15 years after the events of Heroes of Olympus and about 10 years after Percy meets with Zeus

"Percy," Thomas, my right hand man, calls. "We got a new recruit." "Ok coming,  head over there now, I'll meet up with you in a minute." I walk  out of my study and toward the archway where newcomers must pass through in order to get into camp. "So, what do we have here?" I ask Thomas. "Dexter and Miranda reported that there is a younger demigod there. They said it was a boy and they suspect around the age of 13 or 14." "Alright, are they waiting outside?" "Yes." Thomas replies. I walk outside of the archway and spot  a brown haired and blue eyed boy. "Hey." I call as I approach. "Umm hey." He meekly responds. Definitely not an Ares or Mars child. I think. "Do you know what you are?" I ask him. "I uh, I think someone said something about me being a 'demigod'." He answers. "D-do you know what that is?" "Yes, I do and in fact you are a demigod, but I will explain all these things to you in a bit. For now follow Dexter and Miranda." The boy and Dexter and Miranda start heading toward the entrance. "Oh and Dex and Miranda, do the usual, bring him to the undetermined group. Get him settled and then bring him to my study, I'll take things from there." "Yes Percy." They walk off. "Oh and welcome to Camp Riptide!" I call

 "That's the thirtieth newbie this week." Thomas remarks. We are now back in my study. "Yeah, the camp is definitely growing fast. Its probably has to do with the fact that since there have been no major prophecies or wars in the past decade, the gods have become more relaxed. I suspect that is a son of Zeus of Jupiter, so even the big three seem to be lighten up a bit." "How can you tell?" Thomas asks. "A long time ago, I was friends with a son of Jupiter and that kid there reminds me so much of him." I sigh. "You never talk about your past much Percy." Thomas states. I am about to respond to his question when I hear a knock on my door. "Talking about my past will have to wait, I think we have a visitor."

  "So, my father is a god?" The new demigod named Zach asks. "Yes, almost everyone at this camp has a god for a parent. Mines Poseidon." "And mines Mars." Thomas adds. "So, whos my father?" Zach asks. "Well, that is what we need to find out, all we need is your fingerprint to determine your godly heritage." "Thats all it takes?" "Well it wasn't all that easy, before you had to wait for your godly parent to claim you, but yeah with new technology all it takes is you fingerprint." "Okay." Thomas shows Zach where to put his fingerprint on the computer like device then in less than a moment the result pops up. "Son of Zeus." I smile. "Is that good?" Zach asks. "Of course! Having any god for a parent is an honor," I lie. "but having Zeus, king of the universe, that is a high honor. Now I must ask you; do you want to stay at Camp Riptide? There are other camps for demigods as well." "What are these other camps?" "Well theres two other ones. Camp Half-Blood which is specifically for greek demigods like you and is located in Long Island Sound in New York, and Camp Jupiter in California, typically Roman demigods go there. Though both are designed for either Greek or Roman demigods, both camps accept both types as well." "I-I think I'll stay here." "Glad to hear. Since you are a son of Zeus you will be assigned to Group 2, which consisted of others who share you father, whether it be Zeus or Jupiter. For now your rank is 1 since you are new but if you work hard you can improve your rank." "Okay." "Well supper should start in a few so you should go along now, Thomas will lead you to Group 2. Oh and you will need this." I toss him a blue shirt that says Camp Riptide, similar if not almost identical to the shirt designs of Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood. Welcome to the demigod life Zach. Welcome to world in which you are a pawn to the gods.