Chapter 8.

Jordan’s P.O.V

Peeling my eyes open, I came to eyes meet with my wooden side table realizing that I wasn’t in my bed but on my white-carpeted floor. Lifting my head up a little, I realized that I wasn’t sleeping on a pillow but someone’s chest. Slowly altering myself to see who offered to be my human pillow, Stiles’ face came into view. Smiling at his sleeping figure, I thought back to the conversation we had last night making the corners of my mouth fall into a frown. I didn’t understand why it bothered me so much that he found someone special. I’m his friend, I should be happy for him but that’s just it I’m not happy for him. While I’m being so very unhappy for a very close friend who seems to have found that special someone, I didn’t feel guilt within me. As much as I didn’t want to admit it to myself but I was way past jealous at this point and although I haven’t said it too myself from the time I’ve realized it but I did like Stiles. By the looks of everything, he seems happy to have found the one and I’m not going to get in the way with my stupid feelings. I’ll just learn to deal with it. Deal with my feelings for him. Deal with the way my hand fits perfectly with his. Deal with the fact he has someone else in mind and I’m not her.

“Why are you starring at me?” I jumped at the sudden voice, realizing that it was Stiles’ who had asked I relaxed a little bit only to have me freeze up for a bit. I had no reasonable response to his question, making me open my mouth then close it again.

“Just thinking,” I said quietly. I let out an awkward cough before quickly getting off Stiles’ body. “Thanks for letting me sleep on you last night.” I mentally slapped myself for such the odd comment, but it just had to be said. Taking my eyes of Stiles before seeing him throw me a face, I noticed I was still in my clothes I had worn yesterday and so was Stiles. My eyes widened at the same time Stiles had mumbled ‘shit’ under his breath. It was Thursday, meaning that we had school today and there was no excuse not to go.

Without waiting for Stiles to say something else, I walked over to my closet randomly grabbing whatever I could get my hands on. “I’m going to go home real quick, do you want a ride to school?” He asked me hopeful? For a reason I did not know. As I continued to ponder around reasons why he might’ve sounded hopeful I gave him a simple no, telling him that Allison would give me a ride. Stiles nodded yelled a quick goodbye before walking out the door and quickly driving off into the direction of his house.

Slipping into my maroon ankle jeans, I closed the zippers that were designed at the bottom part of each leg before throwing on a simple white v-neck and slipping on my black low cut chucks. Simple but effective. Happy with my random choice of clothing, I swiftly grabbed my messenger bag off my desk and raced out of my room making a quick stop by Allison’s room to see that her bed was neatly mad. Guessing she was probably in the kitchen waiting for me, briskly but safely making my way down the stairs I ran into the kitchen to see nothing but Uncle Chris sitting on a stool, his head flat on the counter top, sleeping. Letting out a small laugh, I walked over to his quietly. Shaking his sleeping body lightly, his eyes slowly opened to my smiling face.

“Good morning, Uncle Chris.” I told him happily, making his groan and close his eyes once again. “You shouldn’t be sleeping here, it’ll mess up your back.” I stated, patting his back a few times signaling that he should head up to his room if he wanted to continued to catch some z’s.

“Shouldn’t you be heading to school?” My sleepy Uncle asked me, I cringed at the thought of being late to school. By the looks of it, it seems as though Allison wasn’t home and she had already headed to school or else she would’ve woken me up with another one of her evil tactics. Replying with a ‘yeah,’ that came out more muffled than it was suppose to be, I ran out the door after waving goodbye to uncle Chris. Looks like I have to walk. I told myself but before my eyes stood a Stiles with a toothy smile on his face as I stood in shock to his sudden appearance.