CHAPTER 7 - Help me

Winter break was finally over. Midorima spent the rest of his days trying to keep busy; doing extra work, cleaning up little trash he found on the street, making sure his house was spotless, and trying his best not to think about Takao. He couldn't help himself. Any moment he wasn't busy, Takao's face took over his thoughts.

He was really surprised when he saw him on New Years, but he was also really happy. He had been feeling gloomy the days leading up to New Years, but when he saw Takao, they all seemed to disappear. There was just one thing Midorima couldn't understand: Why did Takao make such a pained expression when he asked him about Kurosawa being his girlfriend?

No matter how many times he tried to come up with an answer, he drew a blank. The only clue he had was the nice sensation in his chest, but Midorima was too dense to realize what that meant.

It was a Monday morning, first day of class. Midorima was happy with his new schedule because he had 2 days off. That just meant that Monday's were really busy, but he didn't mind. He wanted to get all of his Gen Eds out of the way, so he was taking no core classes. He was excited for today, because he has chemistry and he had always enjoyed chemistry in high school, so he was looking forward to taking a more advanced class. 

Before he left, he checked his daily Oha-Asa to see what tomorrow's lucky item was. He brushed his teeth, tidied the house a bit more and was on his way. He arrived on campus with just enough time to get to class. If there hadn't been so much trash on the street he would've been there earlier. He found his classroom and took a seat at the very front, near the window. The room was a lot bigger than he expected, he wondered where they would be doing all their lab work. The students started piling in, filling the room from the back to the front. There were still some seats left, the one next to him included. The professor arrived, some students following right after him.

Midorima was staring out the window as someone shouted "Sorry I'm late. Wrong classroom." And rushed inside. He hastily took a seat next to him, struggling to catch his breath. Midorima turned to look at him and froze. 

"Takao?!" He said with wide eyes.

"Shin-chan?!" Takao was just as surprised as he was. He suddenly felt embarrassed because he knew he looked terrible. He had overslept and sprinted all the way here.

"I didn't know you went to this University." Midorima managed to stutter out. His heart wouldn't stop pounding. This feeling again. He wished it would stop. He looked at Takao, for only a brief time, but had to look away. The way his hair was all messy and tousled, it made Midorima's heart skip a beat. More like various beats. Takao took that chance to try and fox himself, to the best of his ability.

"Yeah I'm studying Sound Engineering, with a minor in acting. It helps with live performances." Takao explained.

Midorima didn't know Takao was going for such a nice profession. Then again he thought he didn't even go to college. There were a lot of things Midorima didn't know about Takao. It sort of bothered him.

The professor finished writing his information on the board. "I know it's on the syllabus but some of you don't read it." He said. "As you can see, my name is Hayashi Arata. Welcome to Advanced Chemistry."

"What!?" Takao screamed loudly, making all of the students look at him.

"Is something the matter?" Professor Hayashi asked.

"Uh. No. Nothing." He shrunk in his seat.

"What's wrong with you?" Midorima questioned.

"Sorry sorry I freaked out." Takao was covering his face with both his hands. " I thought this was regular chemistry! I suck at chemistry! I'm so gonna fail..." 

"Don't worry, you can drop this class in a couple weeks." Midorima placed his hand on Takao's shoulder and felt him jolt a little. Midorima quickly took his hand away.

Takao sighed. "I don't think I'll be able to drop this. All the other classes were full and I already bought the textbook!"

"Can't you return it? And wait. How did you not notice the title? It literally says advanced chemistry right there." Midorima asked.

" I don't know! I wasn't paying attention." Takao whined. "And I can't return it because I accidentally ripped the cover off of it."

How the hell did that happen?  Midorima wasn't going to ask. He simply shook his head. Hayashi finished passing out the syllabi, pausing for a moment when he reached their table.

"Ah, Shintarou, good to see you taking this class."  Professor Hayashi said.

"Thank you, I'm looking forward to it, Hayashi-sensei." Midorima replied.

"Wait, you know him?" Takao asked.

"Yeah. He was a guest speaker at my high school chemistry class." Midorima stated.

"Alright class let's begin."

As soon as class was over Takao made his way to Professor Hayashi. He really didn't want to take this class but he liked sitting next to Midorima. He really liked sitting next to him.

"Um, excuse me?" Takao asked softly.

"Yes, what is it Takao-kun." Takao was surprised he remembered his name.

" I wanted to ask if you have any extra credit work I could do in case my grades don't go so well."

"I'm afraid I don't offer extra credit. Why are you so worried?" He asked. Takao explained his situation.

"Hm, that is indeed a tricky situation." Hayashi thought out loud. "How about you get someone to tutor you?" Takao didn't really want a tutor but it's not like he could do much about-

"Shintarou, could you do it?" Midorima had just finished packing up his things and making his way out.

"What?" Midorima gulped his nervousness down. 

"Could you tutor Takao-kun?" Hayashi asked again.

"Um yes I guess that's fine." Midorima didn't want this at all. There was no way he could tutor Takao. That would mean they would be alone together. No no no. This was bad.

Takao took it back. He was fucking ecstatic about having a tutor now. "Shin-chan! Thank you so much!" Takao wanted to hug him, but began blushing at the mere thought.

Midorima couldn't believe it. What was he getting himself into?

-Author's Notes-

Yaaaay. This chapter was kinda hard to write but it's done~ Will Takao even be able to learn anything with Midorima as his tutor? We shall see ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ as always hope you like the chapter and any feedback is appreciated. Next chapter will be up by Tuesday I guess. ~~