CHAPTER 16 - Her chance

"I'm sorry I am late, Kurosawa-san." Midorima said as he hurried to where Kurosawa was. She was sitting at a table already, but stood up to properly greet Midorima as he approached. She was wearing a grey skirt, with a lighter shade of the same colored blouse. She looked quite cute.

"Hehe don't worry about it Midorima-kun, I'm just glad you made it." She said cutely, both of them taking a seat. After talking things out on the phone with his friends, Midorima felt somewhat better, yet the uneasy feeling never ceased. He was not the one at fault here; Takao was the one who was acting strange. "A lot..happened." He said with a breathy voice. Concern was all over Kurosawa's face, "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked with uncertainty.

"Perhaps after dinner, I don't want to ruin the mood right off the bat after all. " He slightly chuckled, forcing Kurosawa to look away with a blush. She really did love him after all. The conversation seemed to flow smoothly, they laughed, well, Kurosawa laughed, Midorima simply chuckled more loudly. Regardless, he was having a good time, a nice change of pace for a while. After they finished their meal, they ordered one piece of cake to share.

"So you do you want to tell me what's bothering you now?"Kurosawa asked, while taking a bite of cake. Midorima did the same, taking the time to think before answering.

"I guess you would have a better opinion than my other friends. They are quite..the handful you could say." Midorima joked, but Kurosawa didn't buy it at all; he was just trying to avoid the question. He did want to talk about it; he really did because he was at a loss. He explained everything to her, from the moment he saw Takao at the door, and how he seemed off, not his usual self. How he wasn't listening to anything he was telling him, when usually it was the complete opposite. How hurt he was. He told it all.

Kurosawa didn't know what to respond right off the bat. She placed her hands on Midorima's, gently. She had to remain calm so that she wouldn't show him just how happy she was to hear they had a fight. This is the best thing that could have happened. "I'm sorry Midorima-kun, I know Takao-kun and you were good friends."

She took a long pause, seeing as Midorima wasn't saying anything she continued. "You know you didn't do anything wrong, this is entirely his fault. From what you told me, you acted correctly, so don't beat yourself up over something you did right." She said softly, gently stroking Midorima's hands, trying to soothe him. "If he was really your friend, he will apologize to you, and you will make up. Give him some time, leave him to himself, and see how he behaves from there. Don't jump to conclusions just yet, alright?" She gave his hands a tight squeeze before letting go. Bullshit. I don't mean any of this crap. If I know that brat at all he will definitely apologize. I got in his head once; guess I just have to do it again.

Midorima was looking at where her hands had been and he let out a big, genuine smile. "Thank you Kurosawa, you don't know how much better you just made me feel. Thank you." He was lucky to have her as a friend. She had always been around him, they often had classes together. She was smart, so kind and such a good person. He was really grateful that she was by his side right now.

"Just know you can come to me with anything, Midorima-kun. I will always be there to listen to anything you need." She smiled back. This is it. The mood is right.

They asked for the bill, Midorima insisting that he should pay, to which Kurosawa didn't object. Once outside they loitered around the door for a moment. "Kurosawa can I walk you home?" Midorima offered.

"Don't be silly Midorima-kun; my house is too far to walk. I had enough fun as it is. Thank you very much though." She replied sweetly.

"Are you sure? I don't mind taking the train with you to wherever you need to go." He insisted again.