Every little reminder

Peri's POV:
I sat there. On the sofa, staring at my phone helplessly at the photo of me and Steph. Wondering if I'll see her little smile again.
"I miss her too.." Tom put an arm on my shoulder. He'd only just woken up he's been awake looking for her again. "What if we don't get her back?" He carried on as he took my phone off me and stared at it tearing up I took my phone and pulled him in "please don't think like that we'll get her back it just might not be as soon as we hope" I was trying to be brave."what's that?" I jumped off the sofa and walked over to the door, only to find a note which read:
Well hello peri and Tom
Are you still missing her?
You won't be getting her back so best get used to it don't worry she's being a good girl here take a look...
A photo  of Steph was attached underneath different clothes though, she looked unsettled probably wondering why she's not with her mummy and daddy? "Tom" I gasped as he took his head out his hands and flashed his red puffy eyes at me "look" I showed the picture and note to Tom who instantly sprinted of the couch and took the note and picture from my hand "we need to go to the police station" he grabbed his coat and threw mine at me and grabbed my hand and was dragging me down there "this is it! Finger print marks might be all over it" he pushed past everyone on the street and pulled me into the station "peri Tom I was just about to call you.." Ben started as he greeted us "Ben this was just posted through our letter box" Tom showed him the letter and photo to the officer who put them in a bag and sent them off for observation "that leads me to my next question I want you to list anyone you think may have abducted her" Ben began as he sent us to the room where they record you "I have a couple of people in mind I don't know about Tom..." I say as I grabbed toms hand and held it under the table as we were questioned "please say them" Ben asked as he began to list the names I read "Leela Lomax mark and Angela brown Cameron Campbell and s-Sam Lomax" Ben stopped writing "Sam Lomax is dead peri?" Great what have I done? Seriously? I looked at Tom who didn't know what to say either.. "Oh sorry, Sam is alive she came to visit me the day before Steph was abducted.."