100 Miles And Runnin'

July 1990

Dre POV

"YES T.A I LOVE YOU FOR THAT! YEAH!" I heard Eazy yell happily to T.A who just looked a little uncomfortable with what he wrote. Eazy smiled before he came up to me and passed me the paper and I looked down at it.

"What's up E? What you want me to read?" I said, looking up at Eazy who had a big grin on his face.

"Man that part right there! Look!" he said pointing on the page. I scanned through my verse in which T.A wrote and noticed the line which Eazy was so pumped up about.  It also got my heart racing for a minute.

It read 'Started with five but yo, one couldn't take it, but now there's four cause the fifth couldn't make it. The number's even now I'm leaving!'

"Fuck man!" I said and looked up at Eazy and then T.A. "T man how you write something like this? I thought you didn't want no part in this."

"I don't nigga!" T.A responded in a loud tone making me jump. "But Jerry doesn't seem to fucking listen, and keeps pestering me abut dissing Cube!"

Jerry?

"Jerry? Why would Jerry diss Cube?" I said and T.A rolled his eyes. By this time Eric had left the room and it was just me and T.A.

"I don't think he liked Cube from the start man. I could tell there was a sense of relief in his eyes once Cube had left. That's all."

By then Ren, Yella and D.O.C walked in. I pulled up the instrumental for Real Niggaz and it instantly created a buzz in the studio. Everyone was bumping there heads to the beat till Eric walked in and joined in with the groove. Yella started to hit the scratch on the fly and soon I heard Eazy say to Ren.

"Yo Ren! Spit some shit and make that shit vicious!"

Ren nodded before going into the booth. Then he just started to spit pure fire which went well with the fast pace of the song.

Prisoner, like a hostage

Yo, you should've covered your muthafucking head like an ostrich

Deep in the dirt cause you's a sucker

And ya ass up high so I can kick the muthafucker

Don't try to hang, you best avoid

Cause my foot, be so far up your ass you'll get hemorrhoids

Before you try to fuck wit Ren, I'll put two in your ass and you'll be shitting size 10

Ren was going in with each word that he spat and I could almost sense his anger coming out on to the record. He stopped after a while and I cut the track off before he stepped out of the booth. Eazy ran up and dapped the shit out of him.

"My nigga that shit was straight fire!" he said and we all laughed. Ren just smiled and walked over to the couch before he sat down.

"It's just a lil somethin' I came up with." he said and we all murmured in agreement.

"So what you gon' do?" Eazy said. "We gon' finish this EP or what? Cause I sure the hell am pumped up about it!"

"Hell yeah!" I said before I stood up and headed over to the booth with the lyrics for my verse.

"Yo Yella play the track!" I said whilst Yella continued to do so.

Then as I heard the beat come on, I started to rap my verse. This was going out to all of the mouthy muthafuckas that were biting our style. It was obvious that Ren threw shade at Cube during that first verse, but this wasn't a full blown diss to him. Nah this was to those that bit our style.