Chapter 4

Dedicated to @Immatettey

"So the partnership is official. We will be sponsoring the exhibition which, if I am correct, is a month from now? " " Yes sir, it's next month."

"Okay then. This meeting is adjourned," The once silent room was now filled with the sounds of swivel chairs being pushed back, as everyone was eager to get out of the meeting room they were stuck in for the last two hours.

Eric walked back to his rather comfortable office and was about to settle in the little couch when Ian, his best friend and office colleague, barged into the room with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Oh no," Eric started cautiously. "I know that smile," Ian smiled even wider and gestured for Eric to sit at his desk.

"Eric, I just had the greatest idea ever! And it's for the benefit of the company too!"

You see, normal people would think he was the type to always get ideas that would never work out but no, he was quite the opposite. It just so happened that all his ideas, well most of them, no matter how crazy they were always worked ( in both intended and unintended ways I must add).

Eric laughed quietly, as a faint memory of his childhood with Andrew and Ian played across his mind.

"Now look what you've done!" Six year old Andrew cried. "You broke it! Now what will mommy say?" Andrew plopped onto the ground and began to cry.

Eric knelt down before him and tried to console him while little Ian thought of a plan to hide the broken antique vase which was worth $2,000 .

But of course the children didn't know that; why would they break it if they could just steal it and sell it in secret?

"I got it!" Ian snapped his fingers in excitement. "It's the perfect plan!"

It turned out the plan was to sweep the glass shards into the third oven in the kitchen which they never ever used and blame the whole incident on the cat.

Just as I said, the plan worked in both intended and unintended ways. It was intended to not get the boys into trouble but it was not intended for the cat to be sent away.

Eric never saw Sir FluffsAlot III ever again.

"Are you even listening to me?" D
Ian snapped his fingers in front of Eric's face to get his attention. Eric jumped slightly at this and his friend burst out laughing.

"Anyway, I was saying that I know you haven't been inspired enough to create any new works for the exhibition lately, so..."

"So?" Eric asked eyeing him suspiciously. "So," Ian continued. "I know it's out of the blue and you'll probably not like the idea and-"

"Just spit it out already!" Eric flailed his hands. "Okay, okay. I was thinking....we could go on a....drumroll please....camping trip!" Ian beamed but Eric just blinked.

"No."

"Oh come on, man! I mean think about it; you've never made a nature themed painting so I thought going right to the source would give you inspiration. Come on, Eric. Please? For just four days?" Ian tried and I mean tried to give Eric the puppy dog eyes.

Eric eventually gave in, not because 'the eyes' worked on him, but because he saw how pathetic Ian looked with his face twisted into a makeshift pleading facial expression.

"When do we leave?" Eric arranged some files on his desk. "Well-"

"ERIC!" A loud voice squealed and the door burst open. Again. Can't people knock anymore?

Eric's eyes widened as a pair of slender arms wrapped around his torso from the side. Ian rolled his eyes and Eric immediately knew who it was.

"Eric! What's this I hear about a camping trip? I'm coming too right?" She bounced excitedly and played with her wavy mocha hair.

"What? B-But how did she even find out?" Ian stuttered and threw his hands in the air. Kathy glanced at him and shrugged. "Angie told me,"

Of course, Angela Casper. The office gossip. Trust me, with her, news can spread in two seconds. She's like a news station; she knows about everyone and everything.

Ian and Eric shared a look. The two friends understood each other's facial expression; Ian didn't want her to go but Eric didn't mind his girlfriend coming.

After a ten second staring competition, Ian sighed and left the office. Eric turned to Kathy and smiled. "I'll take that as a yes from Ian: you can come with us!"

She squealed and clapped her hands in delight, and jumped into Eric's arms.

"Can I bring Pearl with me?" She asked softly. Eric looked into her eyes and sighed.

"I don't see why not."