Chapter 8

Dedicated to bookworm_q

"I'm so tired," "Aren't we all?" "Maybe we should nap for a bit." The other three nodded and two went off to smoothen the bed of peculiar blue flowers that grew along the bank of the river.

One by one, they laid down, sighing with satisfaction as their heads touched the soft bed of flowers. After ensuring that his friends were asleep, Eric crept out of his 'bed' and stood in the shallow part of the river.

Don't be surprised if you find someone out there...

He gazed across the river to the other side. The current was quite strong but it was manageable. Throwing one last glance over his shoulder at his friends, he jumped onto what seemed like a stepping stone in the river. He jumped to the next and to the next until there were three stepping stones left.

Eric eagerly leapt to the next one but alas, something bad had to happen didn't it?

He lost his footing and fell with a splash, right into the rushing water which began to carry a sputtering Eric towards the beginning of the waterfall.

*************************

The storm seemed imminent and Robyn raced through the thick bushes not far from the bank of Moire. Considering the rate at which the heavy looking, ashy clouds were approaching, she could only cross the river really quickly and hope she wouldn't slip and get carried away.

She had grabbed her dagger and had began to slash through the bushes when she heard a loud splash.

She hurriedly forced her way through the bushes to the muddy bank of the Moire.

Of all the many surprises in the world, Moire had to bring this today?

Robyn stood frozen as her eyes followed a frightening figure being carried away by the strong current before they locked with another frightening figure at the other side of the river.

The river was carrying a man.

A woman wearing glasses with brown hair and what looked like purple highlights stood at the other side gazing at her.

She too looked shocked and too petrified to move.

Boom! There's ya chapter.

I told you Pearl would see Robyn first.

There's really not much to say so...

Stay awesome and don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Ciao!