Chapter 18- Your Face Has No Brain!

Chapter 18-Your Face Has No Brain!

Not edited

Robyn shifted uncomfortably in her position by the door, as five pairs of eyes stared at her, as if they couldn't believe that there were actual people living in the woods.

Berry stepped forward and pinched her, causing Robyn to stumble backwards into the door in surprise.

"What was that for?" "Just wanted to make sure you were real and not something straight out of the Jungle Book." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"But...but you hugged me in the car park two minutes ago..." Robyn trailed off, utterly confused. "Did I? Huh."

Kathy had ran off into an adjoining room as soon as they entered the apartment leaving Robyn alone with all these unknown people.

Suddenly, there was a huge crash followed by a, " I-I'm okay! Not dead!" "Well darn," Shirley muttered and Robyn took notice of a slight Southern twang.

Kathy stumbled into the room, carrying a covered board and a stand. She set it up with great difficulty -everyone just stood back and watched -and spun around and clapped her hands. She seemed to like to do that a lot.

"Okay guys! I'm pretty sure all of you know why we're here! Rob- I mean Bella, meet Scarlett, Kiki, Jo, Berry, Tony, Pearl and--" She paused to shudder, "Shirley."

"I'd say, when you think about it, you're more 'shudder-worthy' in those shoes but then you'd need a brain to do that, so never mind." Shirley smiled sweetly at a now seething Kathy.

"Your face has no brain!" Berry countered in an attempt to defend Kathy. Shirley simply gave her a once over before smirking. "No, it does not."

"Oh. Right. Awkwaaard," Berry laughed nervously.

"Okay guys, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, " She shot Shirley a glare before clapping her hands (again). "We're all here because of Bella," she paused to fist pump the air at getting the name right. "We are here to show her a little of the life here in the city-"

"But why are we doing this if she's going back anyway after 3 weeks?" Antonia questioned from beside Shirley. Robyn hung her head as Kathy narrowed her eyes at Antonia.

"We talked about this, Tony." She said through gritted teeth. "Yeah but-"
"No!No more Tony! You always do this! Why can't you just shut up and listen for once? Your opinion isn't always right you know!" Kathy yelled and Antonia recoiled in shock, before huffing and walking into the adjoining room.

After breathing in a couple of times, Kathy smiled and clapped her hands (Oh goodness), "Sorry you had to see that, um, anyway here's our plan for the next three weeks!" She yanked the cloth off the board, revealing her squiggly writing.

Plan
Tomorrow- Make over
Thursday- Outing(I don't know where)
Friday- We'll think of something
Saturday- Something'll pop up
All days except last day- Ummm
Last day- Attend Eric's gala

Shirley scoffed and Scarlett raised her hand. "Umm Kathy? This is literally no plan at all,"

A chorus of 'mhmm's and 'yeah's sounded in the room. Berry, on the other hand, squealed and ran to hug Kathy.

"Don't listen to them K! This. Is. Amazing! I mean, 'we'll think of something' ?" She gestured to the board. "That is GENIUS! So creative! Where did you get that idea?"

Pearl started to say something but Jo held her hand and shook her head melancholically. "Stop. All hope's lost for her."

Kathy clapped her hands (For the love of...!) and turned to Robyn- who had the most bewildered expression on her face- and asked, "So what do you think?" And just like that, the five pairs of eyes were back on her.

"Well, I-uh, t-the ,um, w-we-well--"

"SPEAK WOMAN!" Berry threw her hands up in frustration.

Taken aback by this sudden outburst, Robyn placed her hands on her burning cheeks and let her hair fall in front of her face.

"Bel-"

"We're here!"

The door swung open and accidentally hit a table behind it, causing the fancy looking vase on it to topple over and crash into the floor.

Ian, who had been the one to open the door, rushed over to the broken glass. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry! Th-That wasn't supposed to happen. Crap, this must've been expensive," he muttered while picking up the shards, his face bright red.

"So much for a grand entrance," Eric chuckled and walked in. Jo made gagging noises and Robyn looked away when he walked up to Kathy and kissed her.

"Ugh, get a room already." Shirley rolled her eyes distastefully. "You know Shirley, sometimes I wonder why you always have to pass a comment when I'm with my boyfriend." Kathy narrowed her eyes.

"Maybe she wants one too," the girl with beautiful cocoa coloured skin- Kiki- suggested.

"I don't want or even need one Kiki, because boyfriends are overrated." Kathy raised an eyebrow. "But how would you know that if you've never even had one?"

Shirley flushed pink and protested. "I have had one!" "Oh right and he lasted for what? Two days or something?" Kathy's eyes lighted up. She was clearly enjoying this.

Pearl and Kiki covered their mouths and Jo just smirked. Berry, as subtle as ever, burst out into loud,  uncontrollable laughter.

Eric looked away, a smile playing on his lips and Scarlett and Ian laughed silently behind their hands.

Now bright red, Shirley marched to the door and stopped to give every one in the room a withering glare. Ian and Scarlett busied themselves with the broken vase and Robyn looked at her feet.

With one last huff, Shirley walked out and slammed the door shut. "Well," Eric started.

"Who wants pizza?"

A/N
I'm so sorry it took so long to update guys! You must have been so frustrated!

Picture of Ian and Shirley on the side->

Qotd: I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again, I wasn't listening- The Lego Movie

Thanks for reading!
-Nikki