Chapter 7: Prior Planning and Stories.

"This is gonna be a big one, just saying."
Hiccup's POV
I looked at her. Into her beautiful blue eyes. She seemed to brave and nervous at the same time. Right from day 1 I've loved this about Merida.
Her honesty, free spirit and confidence.
I didn't even have to think, "sure", I said.
Gasps.
Gasps.
Gasps.
"Hiccup, mate... you sure? She's new.. also there are many other hotties out there for you.", one of my friends said.
"I'm sure", I said still looking at Mer.
"Friday evening, baseball match then", I asked her.
"Ok! See ya!", she said happily.

*Merida's POV*
He said yes!
Ahhhhhhha!
I ran to Elsa who greeted me with a tight hug. I didn't realize but almost the entire school had witnessed what just happened.
"Oh man Merida. You have some SERIOUS guts", said Jack placing his arm around me. I chuckled.
"Yeah, that's my girl.", Anna said poking me. I smiled and smiled and smiled.
The rest of the day I spent day dreaming and blushing.
That evening I called Elsa home to help pick up an outfit. It was just Wednesday and there was time for Friday, but you know, prior planning.
In Merida's bedroom
"What should it be? Look it's a baseball game so it can't be a dress.. crop top? Pants or shorts? What about my hair? Uggghhh!" I said.
"Cool down Merida! Its not tomorrow so COOL. DOWN You still have a day", Elsa scolded.
"Help me choose though.", I said.

Elsa had an amazing fashion sense. Yeah, add that to her list of countless talents.

"Hmmm.. now.. you could do your blue tank top which we bought from the mall the other day. Pair it with your white shorts. Blue sneakers and rough high pony."

"Per-Fect Elsa. You're the best.", I said hugging her.

After that Elsa and I just chilled.
"So has hiccup ever dated anybody?", I asked her.
"Obviously, he's a heartthrob. Jack and him are considered to be the best looking guys in school. Hiccup has dated only one girl though.", I asked.
"Do I know her?", I asked.
"You might. Astrid. It was friendship which later turned into a relationship.", Elsa said, casually examining her nails.
"How long were they together?", I asked.
"2 months or so", said Elsa.
"Why did they break up?", I asked.
"I feel as If you're interviewing me.", she said.
"Tell pleaseee", I said, restless.
"Astrid was always too possessive about Hiccup. She used to be a part of our group. She didn't lie it when hic would hang out with Punzie or Anna or me. Even though Anna and Punz had boyfriends. Hic has always been like a brother to me. I would never ... anyway she started being super rude to the three of us. It just worsened. So hic broke up with her." Els said.
"Hmmmm..  I think Astrid does archery..", I said.
After a minute, Elsa casually said, as if remembering the old days, "they did have a chemistry though in the beginning. We used to ship them. They were cute and all. But now Astrid doesn't talk to us. I don't think she and Hiccup are on talking terms too.", Elsa said.
"I guess I've seen them smile at each other once or twice in class.", I said sighing.
"Oh forget it Mer. Hic doesn't like her anymore.", she said.
I took a deep breath and said, "yeah hope so."
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

words: 575

Written on: 4.2.16