Chapter 18: Clearing Your Doubts.

MERIDA'S POV

Moving on. It's not easy. But I'm doing it.

Everytime that little something in me tensed up, I'd shake it off. Initially it didn't work but sowly and gradually its happening.

I also realize its best to avoid Hic so that I can do better at moving on. I guess he was trying move on too because even he barely spoke to me.

We both knew if we talked liked we used to we wouldn't be able to forget eachother. 

Yes we were in the same groups. Yes, we had the same friends so we spoke sometimes. 

The real challenge was to be happy even though the whole moving on thing was really upsetting me.

Its almost a week after the whole 'him asking me out'  thing had happened.

I was at Elsa's place. We were watching Leap Year. After the movie was over Els asked me, "Mer, whats going on between you and Hic? You guys barely talk anymore. Mind telling me?"

"Of course I'll tell you. Infact I was waiting for you to ask."

"Okay then.. shoot."

"Okay. That one week, that ONE WEEK where I was locked away, It affected me bad. I know it was all just a misunderstanding but somewhere even I was wrong. What I had become for that one week was a part of me I don't want to ever see again.  And you never know. Maybe just maybe. Getting back with Hiccup might take me there. I'm not saying I'm scared of a break up. I just know its gonna be really tough to rectify stuff if anything goes wrong.  Thats what I learnt." 

"So you're saying you're not brave enough to rectify stuff?"

"I'm brave. But I'm sensible too. Why repeat a mistake again? Prevention is better than cure."

"But you didn't make that huge of a mistake! I understand you want to move on, but it is that keeping you or Hic happy?"

"Yes it is. Atleast I'm happy. I'm proud of myself for making this progress in moving on."

"Okay. Now the question arises. Why move on? It wasn't so horrible.."

"It was, for me. Its the first time I went through it. "

"Okay one more question. Are  you scared of falling for him?"

"I'll be very honest here. I don't know. Probably yes. But you tell me, is fear a negative feeling?

"Yes it is."

"So doesn't that mean that whatever I do out of the fear of loosing him will affect me negatively?"

"Yeah.."

"But it isn't affecting me negatively. Because I'm not letting it get to me. And I'm still happy. You guys, my videos. So many things to be happy about."

"So.. you don't like Hic?"

"Moving on did a thing to me. I learnt that liking him 'way too much' was wrong. I still like him. I always will. But I'll not let it exceed its limit. Which I have to set now."

"And what if, just if, somehow, you get into a relationship with Hic...?"

"Firstly, that won't happen. But if it does, I won't let the liking exceed."

"Even in a relationship?"

"Thats not happening now. But yes."

"Hmmm. Now I get it. Must be tough."

"It is. But I'll do it. I have taken it up now I have to go on and stay true to all this."

"Of course you will. You are brave enough to."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 540

Written On: 15.4.26

Woah, the conversation between Elsa and Mer was so deep I had to dig underground to find it.

#LameJokes #CuzTooEmo 

The lovely KhushiSwift is writing a nice book, go read it! She's been supporting me chapter. 

Continue to show love to AHSS! :)

Book is close to an end!