Chapter 13: Waking Up.

MERIDA'S POV

When she had got her drink we both walked out to a nearby park.

"Els..I'm so sorry... Its just that it was my first date and I really liked Hiccup. I don't know what I did but I spoilt it all.Els, The entire school must have made so much fun of me and surely will! All this affected me real hard..." I said in a shaky voice.

"Oh Merida..  Its okay. I understand. But you should understand too. Hiccup is not the only guy in this world. And for all I know, he is mad to miss out on a girl like you. And babe, it wasn't even a proper relationship. So just cool down and forget it. I mean, it wasn't a major breakup like after a relationship f 3-4 years or something!" she said.

WOW. BAM. 

I needed that reality check. I needed to hear that. Finally, it hit me. WHAT WAS I DOING?

"And about the rest of the school. From when did"THE Merida" start caring about others. Also, you're forgetting you're friends with the most popular people around Believe. Lets see if anyone dare say a word. We aren't bad but we can go pretty out of hand when it comes to defending eachother. And, yeah. You and HIc are not going to completely stop talking right? After all you guys are in the same group and you also said you're fine with being friends." Elsa said.

"True. About the Hiccup part, lets just keep him out of this 'best-friend-asking-me-to-move-on' thing?" I said letting a genuine smile after so many days.

"AHHHH.. Thats my MeridaOnEarth!" she said hugging me.

*The Next Monday*

MERIDA'S POV

I got out of bed and decided to be me. The real me. Not to impress anyone or make someone fall for me. 

I was gonna go, spend a whole lot of awesome time with my besties and get out.( And yeah its school so study too.)

I wanna be the BRAVE girl I already am.

When I walked in, I was greeted with a warm hug from Anna and Punz. Elsa was super glad to see me. The boys weren't there.

"So Mer.. You're finee right..?" Anna asked.

"Yeah... Do you wanna talk about it?" Punz asked.

"No. Not at all. Look, I know you guys are concerned but you know what,lets just forget anything happened. The boys still think I was absent all week due to an emergency so lets them I had to go to DunBroc for an occasion, okay?" I said flashing them my brightest smile.

"You really are brave." Anna said patting my back.

We then saw Hic, Jack and Flynn walking towards us. A little something in me tensed up but I ignored it. 

"Hi girls..Hi Mer.."Hic said.

Okay Mer. Cool. Nothing Ever Happened. Its okay. He's a friend.

But I couldn't say anything and I just smiled. 

"Meridaaa! Where on EARTH were you?!"Flynn asked.

"Hey..! MeridaOnEarth reference!" Jack pointed out and all laughed.

Oh, I had missed all of this so much for an entire week! My awesome friends.

Just as I was going to narrate my DunBroc tale, Astrid approaches us. She walked straight over to Hiccup. Like reallllllly close to him  and said, "I still have your arrows from that day. I'll give it to you at archery."

She flashed me a little smile and walked away.

Ouch. 

Jealousy.

Wait.

Why am I even jealous? I'm not Hic's girlfriend anyway.

"Whats up with her?" Flynn asked clearly annoyed.

"She spoke to you as if she was trying to get you to kiss her!" Punz said, annoyingly.

"Which is not going happen. I'll go take my arrows from her now itself. Cuz I'm gonna be with Mer during archery" he said and walked away.

"Yeah. Only During Archery and nothing else." I say.

But only in my head.

***

The entire day passed and Hiccup and I hadn't spoken much. Even at archery I had remained silent and concentrated more on class, rather than on him.

Sometimes I'd think if I was over-reacting but staying silent was all I could do.I didn't want to say anything which would spoil the friendship as well. 

I was free the period and so was Jack. The rest had classes. So we both decided to go to the school library. The library was Jack's favourite place. 

I was about to open one of my textbooks and start reading when Jack said,"Anything important? Cuz I wanted to talk to you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 718

Written on: 11.04.16