Chapter 17: My Story.

Hiccup.
My crush since I joined Believe.
I had deeply suffered from crush-itis and had doodles and dreamt about him right from Day 1.
He comes to know about this.
Everyone makes fun of me at school. I ignore and gather up the courage to take the first step.
Plans are made. Right before the date I meet his ex, who tricks me into getting him to 'dislike' me. I do not realize that and as she wanted I behave super embarrassingly.
Next day, he says we should stay just Friends. I don't quite understand at that point of time and began locking myself away from the world.
My heart breaks and I also remove all of the anxiety on my best friend. Thankfully, because of her, I realize there more to life. I decide to move on.
Next day, his best friend comes and tells me how Hic had felt about the date. It's not very positive. Confusion eats me. My best friend again at my rescue explains me I was tricked.
To remove all of this out of my life once and for all I upload a video in which I indirectly show Hic, Els and Jack that I had realized my contribution in all the message and I was done with it.
Next day,(today) hic meets me and he asks me out this time.

Wow. So much in just two and half months time of joining this school. I wonder what else it had in store for me. Anyway, about the whole hiccup thing. Why did I want time to think?

I liked Hiccup. A lot.
I guess way too much.
It made me go out of Way. To that extent that I actually accept his ex's advice of not being MYSELF on my first date. Something I would have not done otherwise.
I liked him way too much because when he said no to me my world ended When actually there's so much more to life but Hiccup.
When I finally got out of my whole 'shut out' phase a day later Hiccup, the guy who nearly changed a part of my life asks me.
By the point is, all of these events had taught Me that liking someone way too much is not always the best thing to do.
I totally believe in true love and all but not such that it goes so much out of way that it affects me in such a way that I can't continue living life.
When I'm finally getting out of 'it' I can't let 'it' rebounce.
Though the whole 'shut out' was like around just a week it had seemed like an entire lifetime to me.
Anybody else would think I was over reacting but to me it was really huge.
It was my first crush, my first date, first so called break up and first moving on. I had just started to move on and the truth for me is I can't let anything just come back.
I can't.
And I will not.
I really really liked hic and will always like him but and maybe, saying no to him isn't the best decision but hey, I'm moving on.
Things go wrong in life but life, it goes on.

I don't know how im telling hiccup this but there's no turning back. It hurts to let go but it might hurt more if I hold on.
"Hic." I said while everyone was talking. They all silenced down. "I wanna talk to you," I said.
He looked tensed. We both stood up from the table and went to a silent corner of the canteen.
"So yes or no..?" He asked curiously.
We both knew this question was not only the question of the date but about our relationship. About us.
About Mericup.

"No.." I said softly.

He looked hurt.
It hurted me.

"Why?" He managed.

"Hic, I have just come out of a phase which I've never experienced before. I need more time maybe. But I just can't.." I said looking into his eyes.

The hurt in his eyes weren't letting me speak any further.

"No, Mer. I understand. But can we at least remain friends?" He said.

"That's what I was going to say. We have to still be friends. It might sound tough both for you and me but forget everything and let's be friends."
"Fine." he said managing a smile.

Hiccup's POV *I just had to :(*
No. She had said no.
She needed time.
She said no.
OK.
It's okay.
No big deal.
She's moving on.
I can too.
When she said we could stay friends I was very happy.
But I was afraid.
Afraid If I would fall for her again.
Wait.
Not again.
Because I don't think I can stop liking her now.
It'll just have to be low key.
I shuffled my hair, gave her a small smile and walked back to friends.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 824
Written on: 14.4.16
I feel so bad for Hic here! :'( But it's for the best.