Chapter 14: Facts and Realizations.

"Yeah tell me" I said.
"Look.. I spoke to hiccup about your date.."
"Okay.."
"So we're best buddies. He talks to me honestly. Be it girls or anything."
"Oh."
"So when I asked about your date he said.."
"He said..?"
"Look no hard feelings and all, fine?"
"Yeah. "
"He said.. he hadn't like it much.."
I was taken aback.
"Oh" I said.
"He said that you were not you. Meaning, you were not the Merida he liked.. Oh! When he said it sounded so much more simple..!"
"No.. I understand."
Actually, I didn't. I'd done what Astrid told me Hic liked. But He didn't like it!
I'm so confused!  Elsa where are you?!?

"So he told you to tell me?" I asked.
"No no! I just felt you should know. I'm not expert at such matters but yeah.." He said.
"Haha! Same here.."I said.
"We are actually quite similar." He said.
"Hmm..But I don't love the 'cold' as much as you and Elsa do. God knows for what you guys have that strange obsession." I said.
"No one can love the cold as much as I do." He said.
"Which reminds me of something else we have in common... we both love Elsa! In different senses but yeah we do." I said.
He looked down, pink on his cheeks.
"Blusssshhiiiinnggg!!" I teased him.

After the last lecture, I texted Elsa to meet me at the library. I decided to stay there for sometime more.
When I met her I filled her up on everything Jack told me. I also told her about my meet up with Astrid before the date.

"What? You had met Astrid?" She asked full of shock.
"Yes," I said and told  her our entire conversation.
"Mer...! She tricked you and you fell for it. You should've just been yourself and let things go the way they should have. And yeah, she's lying. Back when she had her first date with Hic, we were best friends. She had told me every single thing about her date. I don't remember her telling me about any 'perfect French kiss'!" Elsa exclaimed.
"Oh man!!! I was so embarrassing that day! No wonder Hiccup doesn't want me! I should have thought. Why would Astrid want me to have a happy relationship with her ex?! I was crazy to believe her! Oh God! I spoiled it all with my own hands.. ugh!!!" I grumbled.
"That girl.. she's mad. She is such an evil person!" Elsa said.
"You know What Els, let's just forget it. Anyway, I don't think things will work now. Forget it.." I said.
"If that a what you want, fine." She said and we began walking out of the library.
___________________________________________________
Words: 453
Written on: 13.4.16