CHAPTER- 17(Too young)

Evelyn's P.O.V

As soon as I came out of the airport, I was hit by the cold breeze. That's what I loved about London. Its weather. It has been 4 years since I left London. Almost 5. The first time I left London I was devastated. I never wanted to go to Australia. But circumstances always took me there. I am happy I am back. I really wanted to head to a club.

"Mommy, listen to me pwease", Darcy said. Wow. I almost forgot that I have to be there for her.

"Yes, Darce", I replied.

"Where ale we goin", she asked.

"To Aunt El and Uncle Brad", I replied.

"Then lets go. We've been standin here for long", she cribbed.

"Okay, okay", I said.

***

*Ding dong*

I rang the bell for the fifth time and waited for someone to open the door.The door creaked open revealing a sleepy Brad.

"What the hell", Brad said.

"Good morning to you too. Now let me in", I reply.

"And who are you", he asked. This guy has got to be kidding me. He is so sleepy that he doesn't realize I am his sister? Oh, he's gonna get some.

"Eve", El said from behind the door. That's when Brad realised it was me.

"Evelyn. Come in. Gosh! I am such an idiot", he said.

"It took you a long time to realise you're an idiot", I replied.

"Ha. Ha. Very. Funny", he said.

"Mommy", Darcy said pulling my top.

"Yes, honey", I asked.

"Are they Aunt El and Uncle Brad", she asked.

"Oh yes, yes they are. Aunt El is mommy's sister and Uncle Brad is mommy's brother", I replied.

"Way to state the obvious", Brad said.

"Have you been handling a kid alone for past four years. No? Then don't say a word", I replied. Brad came and hugged me. Then he pulled away from the hug and said, "I missed you... And this is Darcy. My little niece. Come here". Brad completed and picked up Darcy.

"I am not lil, I am a big girl", Darcy said.

"Aww. She is so cute. Give her to me Bradley your chance is finished", El said.

"No! I just picked her up", Brad exclaimed.

That's when they started to fight over Darcy. God, I missed this so much. Why did I ever leave them?

***

Darcy went up to my room to sleep. The words she said rang in my ears, 'When will daddy come to tuck me up in bed'. I replied by saying, 'Soon'. As soon as she fell asleep I cried my heart out. I couldn't tell her that her father can't come to tuck her up in bed because I don't want to! The truth is I'm scared that if I let Harry close to her he will leave her too. I can't see my daughter break into pieces. She's too young for that. I don't want my daughter's fate to be the same as mine. No! Who would want that.

"Eve", El said. I wiped my tears and answered her, "Yes".

"Come down breakfast's ready", she said and I heard her leave. I got up and cleaned up. I was a total mess. After cleaning up I went down to have breakfast.

"Eve, come fast. I'm hungry", Brad said.

"I'm coming", I replied. And went to sit.

"Yum! Pancakes!", I said rubbing my stomach.