Chapter 7: What do you want?

The first month of school was great. Eric hang out in my place for almost everyday and we talked about the things that happened in the past years. I think we started to be best friends again. Its really fun to finally meet your childhood friend after being apart from each other for too long. My parents are also happy to meet Eric and his family. Our families became close again like before but the only thing that's different was that Eric and his family are not my neighbour anymore. Since Eric is a year older than me and he can drive so there's not much of a different from before. Bri, Sophie and Kelly became much more comfortable around Eric too and sometimes they would joke about me having a secret relationship with Eric and all that silly stuff. 

"Em, are you sure that there's nothing going on between you and Eric?" Kelly asked

"No! Eric is my best friend and that's it." I replied for a thousand times. They've been asking the same question every single day and yeah my answer is still the same. 

"OH MY GOSH! its February! that means..." said Sophie excitedly while looking at us hoping one of us will say something but the three of us just stare at her blankly.

"that means?" Bri asked

"Oh guys c'mon! Its February so...." she tried once more but the result was still the same.

"So?" I asked

"we have to hand in our English paperwork? but wait since when did you get excited about homeworks?" Kelly replied with a confusing tone

"Not that one! ughh I'll just tell you then! ITS VALENTINES DAY!" Sophie answered

"Ohh" said Bri

"So? we don't even have a boyfriend" I asked 

"What about Eric" said Sophie and they all starts grinning at me

"GUYSSSS ERIC IS MY BEST FRIEND!" I exclaimed

"okay okay but who cares about boyfriends. I have 3 girlfriend right here and I should be proud of it! So do you want chocolates my darlings" Said Kelly while using a manly voice and the rest of us just laughed while walking  to the cafeteria. 

In the cafeteria,"Look theres Isaac! Omg he's so cute!" Sophie fangirling over one of the popular guys in school. She had a crush on Isaac since the first day of school.

"Here we go again" Bri sighed

I was going to looked at the direction Sophie was looking but my eye stopped when I made an eye contact with Alex. He was sitting right next to Isaac and Olivia. There's a rumour going around saying Alex is dating with Olivia. Olivia is really pretty and she is the captain of the cheerleading team. Most guys in the school had a crush on him. I was a bit disappointed about the rumour and I don't even know why. Alex kept on staring at me and I know he was staring because when accidentally looked at him, we'll always made an eye contact. Even Bri noticed it. I just don't know what to do about all that. The only time I ever talked to him was when I bumped into him at the hallway and thats it. My friends said maybe he's interested in me but I don't thing he is because I nothing compared to Olivia or even half of the girls in school. 

"This is so confusing! What do you want?" I whispered to myself.