leaving prt 2 (chapter seven)

I opened my mouth but barely a sound came out then it just flew out “myoldpackrisinghuntersmoonnearlykilledmefortryingtostatemymatewasmymateandforrunningatnight” (my old pack the rising hunters moon nearly killed me for trying to state my mate was my mate and for running at night). Still looking down I could see my little entourage separate and one set of feet stepping closer. Panic and adrenaline flooded my system. This was going to be the last of me I thought.              “Little one looks at me, who was you mate?” I started to shake I had not been killed yet but the greenwood pack was known for the violence  before answering I tried to fortify myself “ the beta of the rising hunters moon pack, Beta Sampson. I don’t know why fate was so cruel to us. Why should the beta be stuck with a freak like me and why should I be stuck with an egotistical sadist?”       I could see in his eyes that he was confused so I continued on lifting the hem of my shirt revealing my mark as it changed of the rising hunters moon pack (a wolf howling at the moon) to what I know because of my book on ancient pack as the Blood River pack (a snaking river of a dusty brown colour and a trail of paw print from said river) “this is part my freak status as well as my inability to shift, I am sorry Alpha I can understand if you want my death, I would not want a freak rogue on my land either” I bowed my head after saying this hoping he would take pity on me. As the minutes past I got nervous and looked up to see the alpha still staring at my mark. Slowly I lowered the shirt and looked around. Moments later I heard a cough and looked in the direction of the owner, Alpha Trey.         “First off your unique not a freak and if you want to stay on my land you will leave that attitude about yourself at the border. Secondly after seeing you mark I think it’s more appropriate that we talk in private.”

Following Alpha Trey into his office more like his own private library. They walls where shelves made of glossy dark walnut timber filled with books and in the centre of the room a  red cherry desk with three chairs. Alpha Trey sits beside me in the green leather chairs rather than in the power potion which is his due. It’s so strange that first of all he says that I am not a freak when clearly I am. My mark continually changes and I was crawled away after a beating that should have killed me.                  “Little one, I know that your unique but I would like to know your name and your past pack as your know as rogue. Tell me about yourself, your family and tell me what you know about Catori.”                    “Well my name is Ashley Romero and originally I was from the rising hunters moon pack which is North West of here by about two hundred miles. My uncle was the alpha of the pack and my father was the beta. When I turned thirteen my mark appeared and then after the entire alliance park could not tell why so my parents handed me over to my uncle and then left me. I never got any training and was treated worse than the omegas but unlike the omega’s I did not even get the basic training. My uncle died and I became my own person because I am 17 otherwise I would be in the foster system. I came here to ask if I could finish my schooling on your land as I am currently living in a shack in no man’s land about 20 minutes from here if that’s ok?”          “If you’re not a threat to my pack I will let you stay and finish your educations but you need to tell me about the weapons you have on you and how you know a Catori.”                            I was stunned about how he knew about my weapons but I was not going to lie to the first person in four to treat me with an ounce of respect. “Well Sir, since I can’t shift but still has werewolf blood it makes me vulnerable to hunters and because I like to live I carry handmade weapons. Like I said I like to live so I would never use it on a wolf or werewolf even if I had the chance. I have two knives but because you have a fierce rep so I only need two. Can I ask how you knew I had weapons??”                          “Well if you let me know how much you know about Catori and you decide to work with me I will train you so you know how” “What, Catori. Isn’t that a female name meaning spirit?”