Chapter 03| Syrup is still syrup in a sippy cup

*currently listening to Mel as I type this oops*

I look down at my iPhone and click the power button, 7:37, I look over at Bryson as he focus on the road. His jaw was clenched and his face reflected the night light, he was so gorgeous. "This is all so weird." I state breaking the silence.

"How so?" He's still focused on the road.

"We literally just met today. And you introduced me to some really great people, I'm not used to guys being nice to me." I sigh looking out the window.

"Well she told you I was a sweetheart did she not?" He chuckles.

I raise an eyebrow still looking out the window "Oh yeah the teacher! Sorry I lost you for a second man." I laugh at my own stupidity. "But thanks, for being nice to me on my first day." I say looking at the rode as he enter our subdivision. I tell him which house is mine.

He laughs to himself, "How ironic, I live next door. How did I not notice you at all? How long have you been living there?" He asks as he pull into my driveway.

"Only three weeks, I don't leave out of the house at all. And we moved mostly during school because my mom works at night. Thanks for the ride Bryson." I say opening the car door.

"Hey stop thanking me. Do you need a ride in the morning?" He says looking at me with a smile.

"Yeah sure, what time do you leave?" I ask sliding my arms through the straps of my back pack.

He thinks for a minute,"Around 7:50, can you give me your number so I can text you when I'm leaving or something." He says pulling his phone out of his pants pocket so fast he smacks himself in the face, smooth. He shakes it off and unlocks it and hands it to me.

I take his phone and type my number in it. "Are you ok, that looked pretty painful." I worry a bit as his nose turns red and he nods yes. I hand him his dangerous demon phone and shut his door.

He rolls down the window and says,"Good night Dona, it was nice meeting you."

"Goodnight, I'm gonna give you and Aspen nicknames, so goodnight Bacon. And Aspen is Asspen." He laughs at me and smiles such a beautiful smile at me before I turn away and walk towards my front door. He drives literally to the house next to mine and park his car and get out and we both head in. Once I'm on the other side of my door I turn around and press my back against the door. Sheesh! Today went better than what you expected! I think to myself, which I do more than often.

I walk through the hall towards my bed room. Once I'm in my room I place my stuff down and hop on my bed. My phone vibrates in my back pocket. I struggle to pull it out while still laying down. Once I get it I see that it's a text from an unknown number, I'm guessing it's Bryson.

Bryson: hey sorry to bother just letting u know this is my # :)

I reply with a simple "alright"  then save his number under the name Bacon and lock my phone. I strip out of my plaid skirt and then I realize I still had his denim jacket. It smelt like heaven, I'll try to remind myself to return it tomorrow, I mean it looks better on me than him. I take off his jacket and place it on the back of my computer chair. Then take off my top and pull out my night clothes and head for the shower.

******

"Dona! Please run, you've gotta go! Get out of here please." My mom sobs as she lays on the floor with my father straddling her back with a knife to her neck. I cry uncontrollably, I try to move my legs. They won't function. I tell myself to run but I can't leave my mom laying on the living room floor. My dad face is furious, this is the worse I've ever seen him. I start to hyperventilate while I cry hysterically.