Chapter 11| The slumber party

"So donut have you and Bryson gone all the way." Lauren asks wiggling her eyebrows and everyone laughs as I push her off my bed. It was Friday night and our twelfth grade prom was in two days. We all decided to have a sleep over at my house and it was going pretty well.

"No we have not had sex." I whisper hoping my nana isn't eavesdropping or anything on the other side of the door.

"Have you even figured out what you're wearing it's literally in two days donut, TWO DAYS!" Aspen shakes me by my shoulders.

"I have. I'm not showing anyone until prom night." I gush.

"Boo you whore!" Lauren slaps me with a pillow.

"Pop off bitch." I knock the wind out of her with my pillow and she falls off my bed.

"Damn you have one mean ass hit." Lauren says when she sits up rubbing her head and I give her an angelic smile then we laugh.

"So Zoe, when is Terry going to pop that cherry?" Lauren says in a sing-song voice.

"In the year of 2000 and never." Zoe responds mocking Lauren's tone. "Just kidding our three year anniversary is coming up soon, maybe then. Just maybe." She winks and giggle.

"I'm gonna vomit." Aspen says. "I have no date or a boyfriend guys what's wrong with me?" Her usual smile is replaced with a melancholy look. I scoot down towards her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You don't need a date or a boyfriend to feel complete. You're beautiful Aspen, just because some guy or gal isn't telling you so doesn't mean you aren't. You'll find someone that looks at you and all of their pain and sorrow fades away and the same happens when you look at them. But for now you should know you are perfectly fine without someone. Well that's what my mom says to herself every morning." I quote my moms daily pep talk and Aspen lightens up a bit.

"Your mom is gorgeous whatever happened to your face." Lauren jokes.

"The same thing that's about to happen to yours when I sit on it." I wink at her and she laughs.

"You guys are lesbians!" Zoe shriek as Aspen, Lauren and I attack her.

************

It's 2:48 a.m. and I'm having trouble sleeping, and on top of that I'm freaking out at the fact that I see a shadow outside of my window.

The person on the other side knocks on it and I feel my phone vibrate. My hands shake as I fumble around my bed trying to find my phone, I don't want to die at seventeen! Once I find my phone I see that it's a text from Tyler, out of all people. TYLER. He wants me to meet him outside. I want to ignore it because a part of me is paranoid that my father killed Tyler and took his phone and is trying to lure me into the night just to kill me.

I call his number making sure it's really him and not my psycho ass father as I slip on a pair of toms. He picks up as I walk towards the bedroom door.

"Are you coming?" Tyler asks sounding annoyed as usual.

"Yes I am." I whisper trying not to wake my friends up. I shouldn't be going to see him. I should just go back to sleep but I want to know why the hell he's at my house at 2 a.m. I meet him outside, he's dressed in a pair of black and white adidas joggers with a black sweater and some basic house shoes, his pjs look nicer than my entire wardrobe.

"Nice pajamas." He says looking me up and down in my Betty boop pajamas.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole." He says scratching the back of his neck, I hope his neck falls off.

"Ok that's cool you could've texted me that." I snap.

"I wanted to do it in person." He shrugs.

"I'm dating Bryson." I state even though I know he knows this already and I've rubbed it in his face pretty well the past few weeks.

"I don't care. I can't even explain what I'm feeling. You confused me so much man, I thought I hated you and your pretty caramel skin. But you were the only friend I've had since my brother killed himself besides Lily. And then we kissed and I fell so hard for you. And I'm sorry, at firs I did intend on using you to hurt Bryson. Then I realized I hurt you I'm sorry. Kissing you made me feel so alive, I've never felt that alive since my brothers death. I'm in love with you." He says inching closer to me. "Please tell me you don't feel the same way about me and I'll leave you alone for ever Mackenzie. Because I want to kiss you so badly right now." His lips are inches away from mine, then I think about Bryson, and how he cared so much about me.

"Tyler I don't love you." I push myself away from him. "But I forgive you." I walk away but not back into my house but towards Bryson's.
I wait for Tyler to leave as I walk towards Bryson's window that's across from mine and I knock.

I hear him move around in his bed before he cuts on a light then I knock again. He slowly opens the window and look at me with a worried expression.

"Hey babe I thought you were having a sleep over? Why are you at my window?" He chuckles in a tired voice.

I feel tears stream down my face, "Can I please sleep with you?" He welcomes me into his room and I climb through the window and onto his bed.

"What's bothering you baby?" He worries as he wraps his arms around me and snuggle me close to him as I continue to cry. Tyler loved me what do I do now?? Do I even tell Bryson what happened?

"Bryson, Tyler came over just now and he told me he loved me." I blurt out and I see his jaw clench.

"He's never going to fucking leave me alone, he see that your mine and I'm yours. Fucking fuck man." Bryson is usually a pretty happy guy and seeing him angry makes me scared.

"Please calm down baby." I make him look at me.

"Ok, is that it? He didn't try to kiss you? Did you guys kiss?" He was going to get worked up again.

"No we didn't kiss. Because I don't care for guys like him. You're the only guy that matter right now." I reassure him with a smile and he kisses me softly.

"You look sexy in your Betty Boop pajama princess." He laughs.

"And you act like I can't see those super man drawers in your closet." I point at the pile of underwear with the super man boxers laying right on top.

"I know we've only been together for a month but I'm falling hard for you Dona." He says kissing me again. "Now let's go to sleep." He says leaning over me and shutting off is light.

***********

Poor Tyler :( he lose his brother now the girl that makes him happy.

Your thoughts on this chapter? It's more of a filler, just giving you more insight on Zoe and Lauren and their friendship with Dona. Very playful! What about their sleep over though? Or Tyler's confession? Or Dona and Bryson's cute little moment. Dona is the real mvp I nearly made them kiss but she likes Bryson! Ooooops

Spoiler: PROM IS NEXT CHAPTER!

💗COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE💗