Chapter 19

Y'all might hate me for this but...

Present time, 2016

Today's your birthday! You turned 14 today! "Finally!" you thought. You jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth and take a shower. After your shower you went back to your room to find a dress on your bed with a note that said;

Here's the first present for our
birthday girl!

Love you always,
Mom and Dad

You thought that was sweet and loved the outfit(picture at top;)) But then you realized something, the note read mom AND dad, were they working things out? You became more excited just at the thought of your mom and dad being together! You quickly got dressed and did your makeup. Then you were on your way down to the living room.

It was dark. You couldn't see anything and almost tripped over everything you passed. You managed to get to the light without hurting yourself an turned it on.

"SURPRISE!!" everyone yelled as they jumped up from where they were hiding.

You jumped a little but then thanked everyone there. Bryce, mom, dad, and some of your other family members were there, but not Mark. You were sad, did Mark forget your birthday?

Just then you felt arms wrap around your waist and you were picked up. You turned your head to see Mark smiling.

"Happy birthday, princess" Mark said. You thanked him and gave him a hug and kissed him.

"Ew get a room you two" Bryce said.

You and Mark started to blush like crazy, making Bryce laugh.

"Ok it's time to sing happy birthday!" your mom said.

Everyone gathered around the table in the kitchen and started singing.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear y/n, happy birthday to you!"

"Make a wish!" your dad said.

You made a wish and blew out the candles. Then you felt something cold and sticky hit your face. You touched the substance on your face and saw that someone had put icing on you. It was pretty obvious to see who did it, Mark and Bryce.

You put icing on both of your hands and chased after Bryce first. He was a really fast runner so you had to use all of your speed to catch him. You finally got him trapped in a corner and smeared the icing all over his face.

Now, it was time to get Mark.

You saw Mark hiding behind the couch. When he saw you, he quickly got up and ran. You ran after him. He was far ahead of you and you knew there was no use to keep running. You thought if a quick plan. You sat down on the couch and began to cry.

Mark's POV

Y/N is chasing me with icing! She already got Bryce but I'm not going to let her get me. I ran away from her as fast as I could. Then, I heard the sound of someone crying coming from the living room. It was y/n, why was she crying?

I quickly went over to her to comfort her and ask what was wrong. Just as I hugged her, her hand hit my face and smeared the icing everywhere, she even put some in my hair. She started laughing and I did too. She got me, and I fell right into her trap.

-

568 words
Ok so I'm sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger with the last chapter, but it'll help this story get better, I promise. Thank you guys so much for reading this chapter. Love you guys and bye💕