The Tattooed Prince(25)

Sebastian:

“Sebastian,” I heard Officer Ron call for me.

I placed down my pen and look up to him. “Yes,”

“The Royal Counsel wants you in the meeting room,” He responded.

My heart stopped beating for a second; why was The Royal Counsel having a meeting at this hour. This morning we had decided we wouldn’t have another gathering until they had came to a decision.

I doubted they had came up with their decisions, they needed to think this through. Any bad mistake they make could be the end of us all. A Royal Divorce was unheard of, a event like this could unbalance the peace between the citizens and our power.

I closed the leather folder and set it aside. Pushing myself back I stood up and went to the other palace. It was a little after nine and Adalyn wasn’t home yet. She promised she wouldn’t take long, but I was beginning to worry. If something bad happened to her it would be my fault.

As I entered into the meeting room the arguing stopped. They all stood and bowed, before taking their seat once again. I wasn’t I the mood to hear another discussion, the one we had this morning didn’t go well. I lost my temper and almost disrespected them.

“You wanted to see me,” I told them taking a sweat at the far end of the table.

Madison’s mother nodded while opening a folder she had in her hand. “We think the best option is to send Princess Adalyn away until we know what is going to be done,”

I chuckled to myself. “And why do you need to send my wife away?”

She looked up at me and sighed. “We need to get rid of her Sebastian. Delilah is going to destroy The Royal Family if we don’t give her the position that belongs to her.”

It was absurd how low these people can go, when things were getting tougher they were already giving up. The truly didn’t understand what it meant to be in The Royal Counsel, their duty was to keep the power balance, and The Royal Family clean.

Getting rid of Adalyn wasn’t going to solve anything, and of course it wasn’t going to be a option. Adalyn was going to stay by my side if they liked it or not. I made it clear to them this morning I would stepped down the throne for her.

“If The Royal Counsel can not handle a task like this then we should call Your Highness and address to her the plan you all have developed,” I snickered.

Their faces all fell down to the ground. Bringing my grandmother to the matter would only complicate the situation for them. On the other hand she would know what to do with a mess like this.

How could I be so naïve, I should’ve called for her presence hours ago. These people weren’t going to do no good to Adalyn or I. They were too selfish and they only cared about themselves.

I stood up placing my hands on the wooden table. “That’s exactly what am going to do. Your Highness is going to settle this,”