The Tattooed Prince(26)

My heart skipped a beat when he confessed he loved me. I had no idea what I should tell him. I couldn’t tell him I love you too because I didn’t love him. My feelings are strong for him but not strong enough to be in love with him. My eyes began to water and soon I was crying.

“Did I say something wrong?” He asked hiding the hurt expression on his face.

His memorizing eyes stayed glued on mine. How in the hell couldn’t I be in love with this guy? He was everything I wanted and everything I needed. I threw my arms around his neck kissing his cheek over and over again.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry!” I cried.

He hugged me tightly in his arms. “I don’t expect you to say it Adalyn. I needed you to know that’s all.” He whispered.

I felt horrible. Usually your husband tells you I love you way before you two get married, and when he does you are already in love with him. But I wasn’t; it made me feel like a complete bitch.

I buried my face into his shoulder. “I don’t want to say it until I’m sure I do,” 

He sat me on his lap forcing me to look at him. “I don’t want you to feel pressured to say it or to feel it. When the day comes and you know you do, just spit it out okay.” He smiled at me.

I nodded. “I promise.”

He kissed me on my nose. “Let’s go to sleep, I’m exhausted.”

I leaned forward and brushed my lips against his. 

I stared at Sebastian annoyed as we parked in front of the fifth enormous house.  Since we didn’t want to me in the palace hearing about the agreements and disagreements of the decisions The Royal Counsel was planning to make, Sebastian and I decided to go house hunting.

Sebastian ran the idea through Rachel; she thought it was a great idea. I had no clue how Sebastian convinced her to let us look for a place of our own. I guess the Air-head Prince actually had some charm in him.

“I thought we decided we weren’t going to look at anymore huge houses,” I frowned.

Sebastian glances at me and sighs. “You know eventually we are going to have kids and we aren’t going to have space to keep them in a condo.”

I giggled at the thought of us having children. Sebastian holding a small fragile baby made me go in awe. He would be a good father one day. “It’s going to be one baby Sebastian. I’m pretty we can survive with one baby in a condo.”

I thought picking a house was going to be much more fun than this. Instead of being fun Sebastian and I couldn’t agree with a house we wanted. Sophia had showed us all the houses that were in the market, and none of them caught our attention.

Well most of them caught Sebastian attention, but none of them caught mine. I wanted a smaller place, where Sebastian and I would feel at home. The whole point of leaving the palace was to get our privacy, and I felt a big house wouldn’t do the trick.