Thirty : Claudia Miami Collision

The sun of Miami and the crisp air only brought back memories of the last memory I had here.

This was where my only daughter lost her life and here I was again revisiting an old place of the past on a quest for revenge.

"We've been so focused on the prize, we should relax now." Escamoe mentioned as we made it to the condo we rented.

"Nigga relax!" Santino repeated offended. "We have business to take care of!!"

  "Santino baby! calm down... Listen escamoe I'm sorry; the flight was long.... We all just need to take a break." I interrupted, calming the situation.

The condo was marvelous; put me in mind of my family home with the Don.

This was a fresh scenery; but it was hard to rejoice about it when we had so much business to take care of.

Believe me when I say; Miami was the last place I wanted to see especially after my daughters death here. We were walking on thin ice already being in the "warriors" territory!

Our mafias had butt heads a time ago; where the former head of it "Tyson" was killed soon after placing the hit on us and having his men kill my daughter. But it wasn't by the black Mafia! They had a feud with someone else who got to them first.

Now the word is that; Zale is in charge of the gang! Her son was the one whom I personally executed, just days after he killed my little angel!

Old grudges never die hard! I just wanted to steer clear of her and the "warriors" while we were here on this mission.

For the first time ever I soaked in a bubble bath, trying to find a outlet for the stress.

When I finished Santino and the Mafia were just starting breakfast where we would lay out our plan!

"We do not kill Adele nor Cheeno before we figure out just where the hell Jef is!" I emphasized.

"We need to know how everything will play out; so no mother fucker needs to be getting comftorable and jumping ahead of anything! Everything has to be precise! We gotta think smart when dealing with these Cubans'! Al Pono, big guy, Cheeno, and Adele are our main targets! Those four bastards already dug their graves! We just gotta bury them!"

Every one nodded in unison as Santino set up the blueprint of how things were to go. We all had common ground of understanding so there could be no screw ups or mistakes!

Right after finishing dinner the familiar number appeared on Lauren's phone and we went back into formation with the gun to her head and the phone to her ear.

"You find out exactly where she is, tell her you want to meet; and where the hell al Pono is!" I demanded, right before she answered.

"Adele?" Lauren called,softly.

"Mom; I'm so glad to hear your voice."

"I know baby, how are you?"

"I'm better, just worried about you." Said Adele in a depressed tone.

"Don't worry Hun."

I leaned in whispering to Lauren...

"Tell her you need to meet!"

Lauren's expression was one of fear as she nodded, stumbling over her words.

"Honey, I'd like to be with you at this time, I worry about you."

Adele sighed.. "I know mom I'm flying you out this week so pack now!" Adele voiced firmly.

I gave Santino then the rest of black Mafia a look of rejoice as we moved one step closer to her.

"Ask her about Jef and al Pono!" I whispered lowly.

"Okay sweetheart I will; but tell me.... How's Jef and where's al Pono?"

"We have Jef still tied up and mother I told you; the Cubans are all against us we fled Cuba to come to Florida- cheenoS father is out to kill him."

Adeles words stung my ears like electricity! We had taken one step forward and one more back!

How the hell did we miss that important detail! Why the hell had al Pono turned on them!

Only good news was about Jef! He was alive and after we got him we would have to return to Cuba and finish business!

After ending the call we went back to the drawing boards! We had to prepare for this war!

I rubbed my angel in the mirror that night, praying that I would get to tell everyone the good news after this was all over.