Thirty Three: Claudia Reminder

I screamed as my soul jumped out of my body!

     I had just entered the kitchen at 5:30 preparing to cook Neegi her spaghetti she'd been begging for all day; when papi and her jumped out of the pantry door scaring the living day lights out of me!!!!

      My face was cherry red with relief as I giggled grabbing my heart and the two of them laughed historically!

"Papi you scared the hell out of me! And Neegi I'm gonna get you girl!" I laughed beginning to chase my beautiful little daughter around the kitchen counter.

"Papi papi!!" She yelled running as fast as she could.

       And as usual papi used his strength picking me up and telling Neegi to make a run for it!

     -----

   I awoke from the dream which was a memory from my past and broke down in tears!

   Santino was sound a sleep so I gathered myself heading for the door when he called me.

"Where you goin?" He mumbled.

I paused in mid step wiping my tears quickly before turning in the dark.

"Restroom."
I replied trying to hold myself together.

"Come here baby."

"I really have to use it."

"Claud!" Santino stamped sitting up in a stern tone. And rather than argue I gave in sniffling drying the wetness from around my eyes I set on the edge of the bed next to him.

"You have another one of them dreams?"

I brushed my hair behind my ears holding my head to the ceiling in hopes of it stopping my tears from falling.

"Look C'," Santino said pulling me onto his chest backwards. "You not in this shit alone, quit lettin yo emotions build up until you get to this point; I need you to understand the minute all of this shit settled, Ima see you walking down that isle in all white. I'm just counting down the days before we say I do... This for life C'! You are my everything and I can't wait to give you another child so you can be their everything too!"

Santino kissed my temple, wrapping his arms around me.

"Remember you got a lot of people counting on you and counting you out! Do if for Neegi."

And with his simple words I was back in place.

We fell asleep preparing for tomorrow's big day, since the last couple weeks were our time to be low and prepare!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

        I walked into the dining room and began our blueprint for our attack on Cheeno , Adele, then big guy and al Pono !!

         We had been low enough it was time to announce our presence when they least expected it.

    And since Miami was bringing back so many bad memories; I had to kill Adele and Cheeno so I could leave as soon as possible!