Things & Such

I lay in Jack's bed, my eyes wandering around the dark room. Thoughts running through my head as I lay. I groan loudly, shifting onto my side.
Jack left. I run a hand through my hair, tugging at the ends of my long hair. He didn't say much to be honest. Just a few grumbles.
"Luke. Fuck. I'm going to fucking kill him."
I roll my wrist, reaching forward for my phone from the night stand. I grab it and send Jack another message, 8th message since he left. Once again after waiting a few minutes, it was a no answer. I stand up, knowing I could never possibly sleep knowing he was somewhere out on the streets at 2am doing God knows what.
I move from his room to the kitchen, hopping onto the counter. My legs sway back and forth while I crack open a hot beer from a six pack resting on the counter. He probably killed him. What if Luke killed him. I lean my head forward, sighing loudly. I take another gulp of my beer, placing it onto the counter.
I gasp loudly when the door opens slowly. I watch as Jack closes the door quietly as if he thought I would actually be sleeping while he was gone.
"Jack." He looks up, his hand reaching up to his hair.
"Why are you up?" He mumbles, walking in front of me. He forces my legs to open so he could wedge his body in between them while I remain on the counter.
"You just kinda left." I roll my eyes. "You didn't say shit, you just took off." I snarl lowly. He chuckles, his rough hand gripping my beer. He takes his time, finishing the beer and placing it back down.
"Does it matter?" He shrugs, his eyes finally connecting to mine.
"Yeah okay, because I'm going to be okay with my boyfriend just randomly taking off whenever he feels like it." I say back with harsh attitude. One of his hands shoot up and grab my chin quickly, forcing my eyes to stay on his.
"Don't talk to me like that." He whispers, his other hand resting on my left thigh. "I found Luke tonight, it took all of me not to kill him." He mutters. His eyes turn a dark brown color reflecting hatred to him.
"He stole a lot of money from me, baby." He chuckles, finally letting go of my jaw. "A lot of money." His hands grip my thighs tightly, pulling me forward so I could wrap my legs around his back.
"What did you do about that?" I whisper.
"He's dead, very dead. I just wasn't the one who killed him." He pulls me one time hard, lifting me from the counter and walking with me quickly to his bedroom.
"He's dead?" I ask slowly, gripping his shoulders. "Put me down, you killed Luke? He's dead!" The more I yelled, I started to realize he's actually dead. Someone who was a huge part of my life is dead. "Jack." I whimper.
"Haven." He whispers, sitting down with me straddling his waist. His grip tightens around me. "He went over the edge. I couldn't control myself, he pulled a knife out on me and Mase shot him. He was talking a lot of shit, Hav. Don't be mad or sad... Shit." Jack sighs, holding me tight against his body.
"He's dead." I mumble again, tears quickly flowing out of my eyes onto Jack's plain black t shirt. He pulls down the long shirt I was wearing, his hands rubbing up and down my back.
"It's okay, look. We still got each other, right? It's okay." He mutters, placing his lips on my forehead lightly. Jack moves back and lays down with me falling on top. He adjusts us so I'm half on his body and half not, my head in the crook of his shoulder. I start to relax and my crying slows down as silence falls over us. "I'm sorry." He whispers.
"S' fine, I'm fine." I nod, feeling his grip tighten and then weaken.
"Get some rest." I don't reply, closing my eyes finally Jack's eyes watching me. I fall asleep quickly, feeling Jack get comfortable and then close his eyes.