Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I pulled an all-nighter here with this handsome mystery man of mine

I pulled an all-nighter here with this handsome mystery man of mine. He was resting peacefully. I did not turn on the tv. I did have my head phones on listing to music on my iphone.

This man looked like someone I knew. But I could not put my finger on it. Maybe once he opened those pretty eyes I would know who he was. Was he from around here? My dad had not called me back yet to tell me if he found any id in the mystery man's car.

"Where am I?" I hear a voice say around two am in the morning. I look over to see he is awake! I grin. He had beautiful brown eyes.

"In St. Joe's hospital" I explain to him.

"Who are you?" he asks me.

"My name is Jean. Jean Smitty" I reply as I shake his hand. He looks confused.

"How did I get here?" he wonders as he looks at his broken arm.

"There was a tornado here in town. Your car crashed into a tree right in front of my truck. I pulled over to check if you were alright. You were passed out. Hit your head. You were hurt. Sari and I dragged you out in time right before the tornado hit. It took up another lady. You slept through it all" I explained as I had the images flashing in my mind again. I shudder.

"You were really brave to do that for me" he says to me.

"I could not leave you in the car to die. The tornado would have finished you off" I tell him.

"Thank you for saving my life. Do we know each other? I mean are we friends?" he asks me. What was going on here?

"No, we never have met before" I chuckle.

"I am sorry but, you don't know me then?" he wonders curiously.

"Why what are you trying to say?" I ask softly with worry. He frowns.

"My name is not coming to me. No last name. No friends. No memory of where I was heading in the storm. Or where I am from...." he worries looking so scared. I place my hand in his.

"You had a very bad blow to your head. Give it some time. Maybe after you get some rest it will all come back to you" I offer kindness. He sighs.

"I sure hope so" he worries.

"I know so" I tell him.

"My wallet! Did you look in it?" he asks me.

"You had no id on you. My dad is going to check your car for some kind of id" I explain to him.

"I hope he will find it" he sighs. "What about a cell phone?"

 "What about a cell phone?"

"Nothing at the time. I am sorry sir" I say softly.

"I am a no name" he grumbles.

"Well not really" I chuckle. He looks confused.

"Huh?" he asks me.

"My dad and I gave you a name. Told them you are on our farmers medical insurance so you can be saw here" I explain.

"But you could get in trouble!" he worries.

"You were in need of help. You could have died" I tell him.

"So what did you tell them was my name?" he wonders.

"Chance, Chance Jenner" I giggle.

"Chance...I kind of like it" he says looking amused. He looks deep in thought.

"But what?" I ask.

"Chance is not my name. It does not feel right to me" he sighs.

"Well that is because it is not your real name. It is temporary" I say to him.

"I have no friends. No family. No one. How am I going to find my way home?" he panics.

"I will be here to help you. You are not in this alone" I vow to him.

"Why do so much for someone you do not even know?" he asks softly.

"Because it is the right thing to do" I say.

"Thank you for being my friend. One day I will repay you for your kindness" he vows.

"I am sure you will. You don't have to" I say smiling.

"Hello Mr. Jenner" the nurse says coming in the room with us. He looks confused.

"That would be you" I whisper to him. He nods.

"Hello" says Chance.

"How are you feeling?" she asks as she checks over his vital signs.

"Not to sure" he mutters. I squeeze his hand in mine.

"He is having some memory loss" I tell her.

"He is?" she asks me.

"When he woke he did not remember his name. Or where he is" I tell her.

"That is normal" she says.

"It is?" asks Chance.

"Yes, you took a nasty blow to the head sir. You will have those things happen. I am sure in a few days it will all come back to you" she promises.

"I hope it comes back to" he worries.

"It will" I promise him with a smile. My dad was calling me right when the nurse was chatting with Chance. Maybe dad knew who our mystery man was!

 Maybe dad knew who our mystery man was!

"Hey daddy" I answer the phone.

"Hey I did find a wallet" dad tells me on the phone.

"You did! Great! Who is our man here?" I ask him.

"He is still a Jon Doe honey" sighs my dad.

"What why?" I ask.

"Well the wallet was ruined. It was in the muddy water. Nothing was in there to see" says dad.

"Oh no. What about a cell phone?" I ask hopefully.

"Ruined, nothing to be saw. It fell in the water to" he tells me. Great. Now how were we going to help?

"I tried to see who the car was, but sadly it is a rental car. This mystery man is an out of towner" dad explains to me.

"Not good dad. How am I going to help get Chance back home?" I worry as I glance over at handsome Chance. He smiles over at me as the nurse was fussing over him.
-------------------------------------
Authors Note

Hope everyone enjoyed the new update! Hope you like the new story! Let me know what you think might happen next!

------D.Writes