Chapter Five

"So, what are you doing this weekend?" Shinoa asked. It was Friday, six days after Yuu and Mika had started seeing each other, and Yuu was walking home with Shinoa Hiragi, one of his closest friends. She was pretty cool, despite making fun of him all the time. She was strangely intimidating for someone so small. Shinoa was genuinly a good student, even though she didn't give a shit about the schools 'no dyed hair' policy and continued to keep dying her hair purple. (It wasn't as if the school would do anything about it anyway. The Hiragi family were stupidly rich and basically owned the school. Doing something to get her in trouble would be a stupid move.)

"Oh, Mika and I are actually going somewhere together." Yuu didn't see any reason to lie about that. "I don't know where, though. Mika won't tell me."

Shinoa looked like she wanted to laugh. "You and Mika are hanging out now? Why?"

"We thought it would be a good idea to spend more time together."

She snorted. "You guys did, or Guren and Shinya?"

"We did, actually." He tried really hard not to sound defensive. Why was it so hard for her to believe that they were spending time together? Why did she even care that they were?

Shinoa put her hands up. "OK, OK. No need to get so prissy about it."

They were walking through the alley that lead to Yuu's house. Yuu thought back to the last time he had come through here with Mika. Gulping, he pushed the memory away. It was seriously a bad time to think about stuff like that. When they reached the other side of the alley, Yuu looked straight over to his house only to see Mika coming out the front door, carrying a back rubbish bag. He smiled when he saw Yuu but gave a strange look when he spotted Shinoa with him. After giving an awkward wave, he walked towards the garbage bin.

"Guess I'll see you on Monday then." He turned his attention to Shinoa, who was still staring at Mika.

"Yeah, I guess."

Yuu leaned over and budged Shinoa with his shoulder. He didn't know what he had said to make her act like this; whatever it was he wanted to solve. "You OK?"

She smiled and pushed back. "Don't worry, I'm just tired. See ya!" Shinoa ran off in the drirection of her house, just down the road from where Yuu lived. Turning back to his own house, Yuu saw that Mika was standing just by the front door, arms crossed, still staring. Yuu made his way towards the house.

"Hey." He said while he was walking up the steps to the house.

"Why are you walking with Shinoa Hiragi?"

"You're not going to say 'welcome home, Yuu' or atleast 'hello'?" He didn't want to be in that relationship. The one where you had to explain every single friend you have to your partner.

"Not until you answer my question."

Sighing, Yuu ran a hand threw his hair. "I always walk home with her, she's my friend."

"You know she has a thing for you, right?"

Yuu almost laughed. Was he jealous enough to think Shinoa of all people had feelings for him? But then again...was Mika the type of person to do something like that?

"Are you serious?"

Mika nodded. "It's kinda obvious. Haven't you noticed? Then again, you don't notice much do you?" He started to laugh causing Yuu to punch him in the arm, only making Mika laugh harder. "Alright, I'm sorry. Come on, lets go inside."

Once they had got inside, Mika took his hand. Yuu immediantly pulled his hand away. "Guren and Shinya?"

"Working late. Relax." He took Yuu's hand again. This time he didn't pull away.

"So, are you going to put me out of my misery and tell me what we are doing this weekend?"

They walked into the kitchen, Mika went straight to the fridge and Yuu sat on the island in the middle of the kitchen. "Not a chance. Want something to drink?"

"I'm fine. Also, don't try to distract me with questions. You know I hate surprises!"

Mika continued pouring himself a glass of milk. "And you know that I enjoy annoying you." Picking his drink up, he walked over to where Yuu was sitting. "Anyway, wasn't it you that said you were a shit liar? If I told you, then you would tell someone else."

"Woud it matter? I already told Shinoa we were hanging out this weekend." Yuu knew mentioning Shinoa was a bad idea as soon as he said it. Something flashed in Mika's eyes and he opened his mouth to say something, but Yuu spoke before he could. "Don't start again. Please."

Mika grumbled something that sounded like "Fine" before taking Yuu's hand again and stepping in between his legs. Glaring up at Yuu with his large, blue eyes Mika leaned forward. Helpless, Yuu leaned in too. It was funny how they could go from arguing one second and kissing the next. There noses brushed and Yuu closed his eyes, only to feel something hard and cold push against his mouth. Opening his eyes, he saw that the hard and cold thing was the bottom of Mika's glass of milk, which he had started taking a sip of. Amusement was all over his face.

"Tease." Yuu muttered and gave Mika a little shove. Wipping his mouth, Mika laughed, then leaned forward again and this time actually kissed Yuu. It tasted of Mika and milk and - was over quickly. When he opened his eyes Mika was already walking out of the room.

"You're so unfair!" Yuu called after him. He could hear Mika laughing from the other room. Yuu jumped off the island and followed him in there. Mika was going through his school bag when he got into the room. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for my homework sheet."

Yuu gaped at him. "You're doing that now? Seriously? It's a Friday!"

Mika started laughing again. "I want to get it done now so we have more time to do stuff later." Mika pulled a piece of paper out of his bag and threw the bag back onto the sofa.

"We have time now to do stuff. If you want to get that done then you can do it after Guren and Shinya get home." Yuu knew how he sounded and he didn't care. They had rare time to themselves and should use every second of it.

"Needy, aren't you?" Yuu told him to piss off, even though he knew it was true. Mika folded the paper and put it in his trouser pocket. "Well, if you're gonna be so rude, why should I do anything with you?"  Yuu started but Mika rolled his eyes. "Only joking, come here." Mika grabbed Yuu by the arm and pulled him onto the sofa.

(A/N I had nothing to do today, so I had lots of time to write this chapter. So far writing this much for every chapter is going OK, but I can't promise the same for every one. Thanks again for reading!)