Chapter 16: Homework Issues

After my shower, I put on my tank top and shorts, and I head out. As I head out of the washroom, I walk towards our bedroom, to see a shirtless Natsu with shorts on, and holding his clothes. Ahh. Those abs... Very cute...

"Hey Luce! Did you listen to anything I said?" Natsu had said, causing me to snap out of my short daydream. I shake my head and push him towards the washroom. "Just go take a shower. Tell me after." I whisper into his ear, too see him have a questioned look on his face before I slam the washroom door on him.

I walk back over to my room, just to hear my phone to ring. It was a call from Levy. I walk over to it and pick the phone up.

"Hello? Lucy!!!! Lu! Are you here?" Levy shouted into the phone, causing me to cover my ears momentarily.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here. Don't scream like that again, Kay?" I replied.

"Yeah. Anyways, I have some important news!" Levy started to squeal with excitement, and I head towards the bed, putting the phone on speaker.

"What? What happened?" I ask, resting my arms on the bed and  putting my hands on my chin.

"GAJEEL HAD ASKED ME OUT!!!" Levy had screamed in the phone once more, making me frustrated.

"O-Ouch! Anyways, I thought you two were already a couple?" I retort, as I hear Natsu exit the washroom.

"Yeah we are, but we're taking going on a vacation during winter break!" Levy squealed. We both started squealing like crazy, until Natsu came in and busted through the door.

"Hey!! What happened?!? Is there anything wrong?!?" Natsu had hurriedly asked, panting.

"Y-Yeah! We were just squealing because Gajeel had asked Levy to go on vacation with her! Only the two!" I had squeaked. Natsu's eyes grew wide in surprise and started to grin.

"Hmm. So that Metal-Headed Freak actually had the nerve to ask Levy out... I approve! Nice job Levy! Have fun!" Natsu complimented. I swear, Levy should be blushing heavily right now.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks Natsu. Well, I gotta go do homework! Bye!" Levy hung up, and Natsu had already gotten both of our bags and started to do homework, starting with math.

"Hrrgh. I don't understand BEDMAS!!" Natsu grunted, slamming his fist onto the homework. I calmed him down and started to talk how you have to do the order of operations, or BEDMAS, starting from Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, and Subtraction. I gave him a few sample questions, and he got it right off the bat.

"Thanks Luce! I finally understand BEDMAS!" Natsu cheered. As he did, he came over to me and embraced me from behind.

I blush madly, but after a few silent seconds, I hug him back. We both stay like that, until I decided to break the silence. "Thanks Natsu. But don't we have to get to work now?"

"Right, right." Natsu agreed, and we got back to work. From time to time, he would put his left hand out on the table, and I would grab it for a short while, causing him to tint pink, every single time.

As we finished our work, we went down to eat dinner. As we started to eat dinner, Natsu's left hand was down while he was drinking a glass, so I took that chance to hold his hand once more. I think that I might be starting to like him. Do I? Do I not? Because whenever any part of my body touches him, I feel this great warmth come through me, and my heart keeps on fluttering. I might like you, Natsu Dragneel. Just keep on doing what your doing, and you just might win me over.

Natsu's POV
As Lucy grabbed my hand, my heart immediately went badump, badump, badump. Badump, badump, badump. My heart, for some reason, keeps beating like crazy whenever she touches me. Do I like her? Do I not like her? I don't know. For now, I'll keep this between me, myself and I, and I'll try to win her over at the party. We both looked at each other, and I swear, electricity flew through my veins. We both head upstairs and drowsily lunged towards the bed. I put one arm around her waist and drifted off to sleep. Before I could sleep, I caught a glimpse of Lucy coming closer to me, with my arm protecting her waist, as she pulled herself closer to me, and drifted off.