Missing You | Luke

A/N - I think these sort of preferences go well? I enjoy writing them too, would you want to see more like this?
This is one of my favourite songs by All Time Low, I attached the song so y'all can listen to it as you read.

! Triggering at points. !

You're 16

Luke looked sadly at his sister, her arms covered in scars and cuts. He gently cleaned the more recent ones, placing a bandage over it. This wasn't the first time Luke had stitched up and sorted out (Y/N)'s arms. (Y/N) hasn't been the same since her best friend died, she blamed herself for it. It wasn't her fault, a drunk driver hit the car. (Y/N) survived but her best friend died on impact.

"You came so far, you were clean for such a long time. What happened?" Luke said sadly.

"I-I don't know. Things people said, thoughts in my head.." (Y/N) said, tears running down her cheeks.

"You need help, I can't do it anymore. You need someone who's trained in this.." Luke said sadly.

"You're giving up on me?" (Y/N) sobbed.

"No! Never!" Luke said, pulling her into a warm embrace. He carried her into his room, where he laid her down and pulled her close.

"You just gotta hold on okay? The ride won't be easy, it'll be a little wild but I believe in you." Luke said quietly.

"I miss her Luke, the world sucks. Why did she have to leave me?" (Y/N) sobbed after minutes of silence. "And it was all my fault!"

"No it wasn't, it wasn't your fault at all." Luke said, gently brushing some of (Y/N) hair out of her face.

"You know what you gotta do? Scream 'f**k the world, cos it's my life I'm gonna take it back'" Luke said. "And never, never for a second blame yourself."

(Y/N) laughed slightly at Luke's words, knowing he probably heard it in a song somewhere. Soon enough (Y/N) fell asleep in Luke's arms.

--

It's the day Luke had been dreading the most, he looked in the mirror at his black suit, his tired, red, tearful eyes and got ready to leave.

He walked into the church with his brothers, his mum and dad. They say at the front, Luke's long term girlfriend was there holding his hand.

The service began, Luke was going to talk, he was one of the people closest to (Y/N). He stood up in front of everyone, somehow finding himself more nervous than he would at a sold out arena.

"I-I don't know where to begin really. (Y/N) wasn't just my little sister, she was my best friend. Before the accident, she was happy, positive. She was her good old sarcastic self that we all love. I have so many amazing memories with her, too many to name." Luke took a deep breath, as tears rolled down his cheeks. "She always made sure everyone was okay and happy even when she wasn't. And now she's missing out, and (Y/N) wherever you are.. We'll be missing you."

After that Luke lost it even more, he made a quick exit out the church, and sat down on the little bench outside.

Later that day Luke was found dead, he didn't want to live without his sister. Both the parents fell into depression, resulting in a divorce. Ben and Jack? Turned to drinking and drugs. Everything was different because (Y/N) was gone.

--

(Y/N) woke up crying, it felt too real. Luke feeling the movement from (Y/N) shot up and made sure she was okay.

"I'm gonna get help Luke, I want to get better.." (Y/N) sniffed. "I thought nobody would miss me if I was gone or even care. But I was wrong"

"I'm so proud of you, hang on tight kid." Luke said, wiping away the last few stray tears in his sisters face.

---

What did you all think of this? Would you want a part two?

I've started a second book which will consist of 5SOS Preferences, like boyfriend/girlfriend kinda and things like that, check it out;( https://www.wattpad.com/story/62196521 )

QOTD: What's your favourite book series?
AOTD: I like numerous books, I'm a very big reader. I think divergent and maze runner are my top two as a series.

Just a little extra to add - I was thinking of updating once a week, if y'all would enjoy that? I know I've done double this week but I wanted to post this BC I enjoyed writing it and sort of liked how it turned out😂