C H A P T E R 8

"Youngyi.. Youngyi, wake up!" I heard a familiar voice say. I opened my eyes to see my 4-year-old cousin, Min-woo, on top of me. "Min-woo!" I immediately sat up and scratched the back of my neck.

"I'm hungry.. let's eat breakfast!" He smiled at me. "Where are your parents?" I asked. "Mom isn't home. They said they have an important bussiness trip." He mumbled, frowning.

I ruffled his hair. "They just left you here?" I asked. "No, they were still here. They just left about.. Umm.. 10 seconds or minutes ago?" He said, and I nodded.

I stood up and Min-woo raised his arms at me. I carried him and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I settled him down on a chair and walked over to the fridge. "Noona," He said. "Hmm?" I mumbled.

"Who's the boy in your room?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" I turned around to look at him. "The boy sleeping on the couch." He said. "Jimin? Ah, he's my friend." I answered. "But mom said," He cleared his throat. "'Don't disturb Youngyi and her husband Jimin, araso? Both of them need rest,'" He said in a very funny tone.

I smiled and started cooking. "Min-woo, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked, focusing on cooking my bacon. I heard him giggle silently. "I want you to dance and sing," He said. "What? No, I mean, what do you want to eat?" I said.

"I want bacon. Now sing.. please." He pleaded. "Fine," I groaned. I sang the chorus of 'Like OOH-AHH' by Twice while I was cooking. I walked to the fridge to pour him a glass of milk.

I turned around and saw him and Jimin leaning their elbows on the table. Jimin smirked while Min-woo was grinning. "Yah! You were there the whole time?" I said, pointing at Jimin.

I was reaching for the frying pan, but I burned my finger instead. I jumped and both Min-woo and Jimin stood up and ran over to me. "What happened?" Min-woo asked. "You okay?" Jimin checked my hand.

"Luckily, your fingers aren't turning red or anything.." He sighed in relief. "Is she okay?" Min-woo asked, and he nodded. "I'm okay," I reassured him. He glanced at me and nodded.

It's just a finger.

I continued cooking while they brought the plated to the table. Min-woo closed his eyes and prayed. "Mom told me to pray before eating because you need to thank God for the food that you're about to eat," He smiled.

"Ah, you're a good boy," Jimin ruffled his hair. We started eating and I helped Min-woo cut his bacon into pieces.

"I'm done eating!" Min-woo raised his fork. He placed his plate on the sink and ran upstairs. "Are you really okay?" Jimin asked out of nowhere.

"My fingers are okay." I said. He stood up and sat beside me. He suddenly took my hand which made me let go of my spoon. "W-what the-" He looked at my index finger and blew on it slowly. "Jimin,"

"What?"

"You're overreacting," I said. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. What's the problem with him now? "How would you take care of Min-woo? You have to go to school," He said.

I shrugged. "Min-woo," I called him. He immediately walked downstairs. "Yes?" He asked. "How many days will you be here?" I asked. He counted with his fingers.

"..6..7, 7!" He showed me his fingers. I turned around to look at Jimin. "He will be here for a week." I uttered, and Jimin just nodded. "I need to go to school, Min-woo," I said. "Would you like to go to school with me?" I asked him. "Can I go see Youngjae instead? I might disturb you," He asked, and I nodded.

"Let's get you dressed. I'll drop you off at Youngjae's house." I said. I held his hand and we walked upstairs.