V

Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~Stella Adler

Luke's POV

I was driving my slim black car to where Michael and Ashton lived. Simply to talk to Michael and drop off Ashton's canvas. I also had one for Michael.

I got out of my car and looked at the house in front of me. It looked exactly like the ones they were connected too, I understood it must have been a new development area.

I walked up to the door with several canvases in my hand. Knocking on it with my foot I was shocked when I saw a bright red-haired girl standing in front of me.

"Who are you?" She spat out. As aggressive as her hair, it would seem. "Oh, you must have the canvases for Ashton and Michael." Her tone instantly calmed. "Sorry about that, come in." She stepped out of the way and allowed me access to the main room. "My name is Cecilia. And.." She stopped and looked around. "Lucas where are you?!" She snapped and I went wide eyed. A tall, pastel blue haired boy appeared from behind Cecilia.

"Oh my gosh, let me help you!" Lucas smiled as he took the canvases from me. I flashed a smile as he carefully set them down before walking back to me. He held out a hand and I shook it. "My name is Lucas Kass."

"My name is Luke Hemmings." I responded. Neither one of us dared to point out the obvious coincidence. "Is, Michael here?"

"Yeah he is. Cecilia will you go and get Michael?" Lucas asked. She nodded her head and walked off. "Come with me." We both walked into the kitchen and sat at a table. "So, Hemmings Enterprise?" I nodded my head. "Fantastic."

"So, what's your major?" I asked.

"Oh, theater." He smiled. "I also minor in graphic design and of course get involved with as many art programs as physically possible."

"Interesting." I smiled. Michael walked in the room with Cecilia behind him.

"Go on Lia." Michael rolled his eyes. Lucas stood up from the table and walked out of the room. Michael sat down across from me. "Thanks for just coming here, it saves a lot of trouble."

"Your friends have character." I smiled.

"You haven't seen all of them." Michael let out a breath of relief. "You would never consider Ashton and I for anything if you saw them."

"Well now I want to meet them." I chuckled. "I would love to, actually."

"After, sure." Michael shrugged. So we talked and signed papers. Michael seemed very professional, more so than I anticipated. "I hope I can please you and your father."

"Me too." I nodded. I always wondered what would happen if I had been deeply involved in the arts like I wanted. Now I believe I would look like Lucas.

"Here you can meet them." Michael said and we walked into a room with a large couch.

"Whoa.." I went wide eyed. "They all.."

"Yeah I know." Michael chuckled. "Larra has the dark green, William has the brown hair, Elias has the purple, Esther has the bright green - they're twins - Kodi has the pink, you met Cecilia and Lucas, Dakota has the yellow and you know Ashton.. But.." Michael turned every which way. "Guys where is Ash?"

"Ashton is in his room." Kodi spoke up. Her voice was soft and gentle much like how she appeared. "He wants some time alone, is what he said."

"He's still not over that?" Michael let out a sigh.

"Over what?" I asked. "Did something happen?" There was a deep silence in the room as if they never wanted to tell me.

Before anyone said anything Ashton walked in, wearing sweatpants and a t shirt. His hair stood up in several places. "Hey Luke, what's going on?"