Chapter 12: Convorsations.... kinda

James P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Maddie"I said with a little bit of curiosity in my voice.

"Hi James!" She said as I took a seat next to her.

She gave me a light hug and a kiss on the cheek. I didn't actually talk to her at the lunch-in we had for Lilly. In fact this is the first time I've talked to her in 14 years. We all made small talk until my mom announced it was time for lunch. The kids came through the back door and inhaled their sandwiches and chips. Then they ran back outside to do whatever they were doing. My sisters left shortly after and my mom went out shopping. Dalynn went into the living room so it was Maddie and I. In silence; a awkward science it was to.

______________________________________________________________

"So." I said breaking the silence that had fell over the room after everyone had left.

"So." Maddie said sipping her coffee.

"How have you been?" I asked

"Fine. I'm sorry about Lilly." Maddie said.

"Thank you."

"You must be wanting to be pulling you're hair out."

"How?" I asked.

"With Dalynn. Everything came on you so fast."

"Not really." I answered. "Dalynn is a relativity a good kid." Maddie nodded her head.

"I agree." Maddie said.

I gave her a smile.

We exchanged numbers just in case I needed anything; and left with Dalynn.