Chapter 5: Funerals & Paparazzi

James P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been three days since Lilly has passed away.

Today's been the day I've been dreading; Lilly's funeral.

Jackie came over this morning and helped me pick out an outfit. She picked out a ombré purple dress, black shoes, and a black sweater for Dalynn.

I really don't know how I'm going to do this parenting stuff without anyone around to help me.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I strapped Dalynn into her car seat that was placed inside Lilly's black SUV. As I made my way to the drivers side of the car I heard a snap from a camera. I rolled my eyes ignoring the man behind the tree; and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

After everyone had left the cemetery including the casket, that was now safely buried into the ground I started to make my way to the parking lot to go pick up Dalynn from Lilly's sister Emily. As I took one last look at Lilly's tombstone I heard a snap.

Really?

For real?

Can't they see I'm at a graveyard?

I looked around for the weasel with the camera.

He was behind a tombstone, Lilly's tombstone.

No.

Not here.

Not now.

I cracked.

I hurdled towards the tombstone nailing the Paparazzi down in the process.

"Hello, Jimmy." He said flashing a yellow tooth grin.

"Why the hell would you come to a funeral?"

"To ruin your life of course." He answered struggling to get out if my grip.

"Why?" I asked still pinning him down.

"Because it's what I do." He answered as he took another picture if me.

"Who was that baby you had with you earlier?" He questioned.

"My daughter."

The man gasped.

"Who's the funeral for?" He questioned again.

"My daughters mother." I said looking him straight in the eye, loosening my grip on him a little.

"Sorry, dude."

With that he took one last picture and slipped out of my grip.