Chapter 4: Metting My Baby

James P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart sank as people around me began to cry. When my heart and my mind finally caught up to each other I began to cry to. I looked down at Lilly's cold, pale hand still on top of mine. Dalynn knew that something bad had happened she just didn't know what. She walked back to the corner where she was playing when I walked in; and picked up her teddy bear.

"Don't cry." She said as she handed me the brown and golden teddy bear with blue lace tied around its neck.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked.

Dalynn nodded her head 'no.'

"I'm your daddy." I answered.

"Hi daddy." She said as sje climbed into my lap.

Finally nurses came and took Lilly away. While they rolled her out I shielded Dalynn's eyes. When Lilly was gone I uncovered Dalynn's eyes from my hand.

Her eyes.
The one thing she inherited from me.
Her big beautiful blue eyes.

"Where did momma go?" She questioned.

"Away." I answered.

"Very far away; forever." I said as I repositioned her in my lap.

"But; mommy wanted me to tell you that she loves you so so so so so much; and that daddy's here now." I said as I gave her a really tight hug.

Dalynn nodded her head even though we both knew that she didn't completely understand.

Jackie wiped her eyes as she came over to us.

She pulled a Manila envelope out of her purse as she took an uneven breath handing me the envelope with Dalynn's name written in neat script.

"I'm here to." She said as she walked out.

Then Brooke came up to us and looked me straight in the eyes,

"If you need anything please call us." She said giving me a kiss in the cheek and looked me in the eye again; but only this time it had a look of sadness Lilly was gone; and happiness I was back.