Chapter 17: Coming Back Home

James P.O.V.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the doctor had given Emily a check-up Maddie had left because she said 'she had somewhere she needed to be.'

Christi wasn't here yet. She had work, she usually came right after work.

The doctors and nurses where in and out throughout the day, and nobody else knew Emily was awake; so Emily and I talked for a little while and watched some T.V.

"So how did the date go?" Emily asked.

"We never actually went on the date." I answered.

"Why not?" She asked in a concern tone of voice.

"I guess she wasn't really my style."

I wasn't going to tell her I was late because neither one if us had the times correct.

"Oh, well I always preferred you with so,done else anyways. Someone like Carly,maybe."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

I woke up in the hospital room chair.

I looked over at Emily,who was sleeping peacefully.

A doctor came in and told Emily to wake up.

She took one big deep breath and slowly opened her eyes.

"You go home today Emily." The doctor said.

A smile spread on both of our faces.

They released Emily out of the hospital at 8:30 in the morning.

I drove her home and talked to Christi and Emily for a little while.

Then I drove home to Carly making english muffin pizza and Dalynn sitting on the couch watching Spongebob.

"Daddy!"

She screamed as she ran to me.
I caught her and gave her a hug.

"Hi baby girl!" "

I missed you daddy."

"I missed you to cupcake."

She wiggled put of my arms to go watch Spongebob again.

"Hi James"

Carly said as she put the food into the toaster oven. She came over to me and gave me a hug.

"Miss Carly has been nice to me daddy!" Dalynn said as she walked into the kitchen.

"I told you honey, just to call me Carly."

She told Dalynn as she handed Dalynn her sippy-cup.

Dalynn nodded her head and ran out of the room.

"Thank you."

For what?"

"Everything."

"What exactly is everything?"

She asked as she leaned over the table so I was face to face with her.

"Taking care of Dalynn." "

It's my pleasure." Carly answered as she took the pizza out of the toaster oven.

"As I said yesterday, she's the sweetest little girl I've ever met."

She said as she called Dalynn for lunch. "I wish you were my mommy Carly." Dalynn said as she munched on her pizza.

Carly blushed and I chuckled a little bit.

Dalynn finished eating and ran off to play. I

helped Carly clear the table and then we watched a few Disney movies with Dalynn.

*
*
*

Dalynn had fallen asleep in the middle of Peter Pan.

"Aww." Carly cooed.

Dalynn was wearing her all time favorite P.J.'s. they where stained and had little rips but she refuses to go get it fixed. The P.J.'s have pink and green flowers with yellow insides and blue stems. The top was short sleeved with a pink trim at the bottom and the pants were long also with for fitting pink trim.

I grabbed my iPhone from the coffee table and took a picture. I posted it on Twitter that has the caption

"my little girl. ❤🎀😃"

It instantly got thousands of likes, millions of re-tweets,and hundreds of comments some saying,

"who is she?!"
"Is that your daughter?!"
"Aww what a beautiful little girl!"
"So cute!!!"
And other stuff on those terms.

"I should go put her to bed." I said.

"I'll do it." Carly said.

"No I will." I answered.

"How about we do it together." She asked.

I nodded her head and we went to go put Dalynn to sleep.

We entered the room I had put together with her with the help of Austin and Nick.

We tucked Dalynn in.

I gave her a kiss in the head and Carly gave her a kiss on the cheek.

We put on her night light that projects images of butterflies, and puppies playing in a field up onto the celling and gently closed the door to go back to the living room.