Chapter 6: Lunch & Videos

James P.O.V.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy?" Dalynn asked as I came to the car.

"Yes princess?" I asked as I took her out of Emily's car to ours.

"Who was he?" She asked pointing to the spot where I pinned down the paparazzi.

"It's a man daddy doesn't like." I said as I strapped her into her car seat trying to get away from that topic of conversation.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because sweetheart, that man and many of his friends, try to ruin daddy's life by pictures." I said as I started the car.

"Oh, OK." She said I started to drive away from the cemetery to Lilly's mothers house for a lunch gathering.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

We pulled up to Lilly's moms house, Christi Foster.

"Grandmas!" Dalynn practically screamed.

When I unstrapped Dalynn and set her on the floor she ran up the little hill to the front porch.

I walked up to the front door since she couldn't reach the door handle and opened the door.

Inside the house was Christi, Emily, Brooke, Jackie, my mom, my dad, Jackie's husband Nick, Brooke's husband Austin; and a good friend of Lilly's who's name was Maddie. Lilly's father had died in a car crash when she was sixteen.

I still remember that day. She was heartbroken. It was terrible. She cried for weeks and spiraled into a depression for like two years.

I was snapped out of my flashback thought when Dalynn was struggling to get out of my hold.

"Oops, sorry princess." I said as I set her down.

She looked up at me and smiled as she ran to my mom and Lilly's mother each giving them a hug and a kiss. They gave her a long hug and when they released her she went to go play with her cousins Justin and Christina. Justin was Jackie's son and Christina was Brooke's daughter. Brooke had another kid named Christopher who was older then all of them. He was fourteen; and he was sitting on the couch playing in his phone.

We all sat around the dining room table telling stories about Lilly and memories we shared with her. Everyone started to get worked up so we started to watch home movies instead

We called the kids in to watch the movies and Christopher finally looked up from his phone.

"Chrissy!" Dalynn yelled hurdling towards him.

"Hi, Dee!" He said as he caught her and put her into his lap.

My guess is that they where close.

We watched the movies and the kids fell asleep; except Christopher.

All the other adults left to bring the kids some where more comfortable; so it was Christopher and I.

"I'm sorry about Aunt Lilly." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Remember that everyone's here for you and Dalynn, you're part of our family; again." He said.

I smiled.

"Thanks."

He looked at me again and gave me a smile and went back to his phone when the rest of the people came back.