Chapter 13: Dates & Disasters

James P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maddie and I became good friends and Dalynn really like her. I think I might ask Maddie out tonight. Maybe we'll go on a picnic, or go to a movie playing in the park, the possibilities are endless.

Maddie came to the penthouse in the morning so Dalynn, Maddie and I went to Friendly's because Dalynn likes the clown pancakes. When we sat down people recognized me and asked for pictures, and autographs; but surprisingly no paparazzi in sight. It was nice to have a nice calm morning with my girls.

After breakfast we went to the park and fed the ducks and played on the swings. Then Jackie came to the park and told us that she could take Dee off my hands for a little while. She was going to the mall. I gave her some money and asked her to pick up some clothing for Dalynn. She nodded her head waved to Maddie and walked away.

When they left Maddie was ready to leave to leave.
She had taken her own car so she was leavingto go back to her house.

"Wait." I said.

Maddie turned around.

"What?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go to a picnic tonight."

She thought for a moment.

"Sure." She said.

"I'll pick you up at 8:00?"

She nodded her head and walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rang. I answered it with Dalynn as my shadow close behind. Emily stood at the door ready to babysit.

"Thank you for doing this." I said.

"No problem. Dalynn's great."

She said as she followed me to the kitchen.

I showed her where the medicine and phone numbers were. I showed her how Dalynn goes to sleep and what her favorite bed time story was.

I thanked her again, gave Dalynn a kiss goodnight and walked out to go get Maddie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I reached Maddie's house. I knocked on the door and Maddie stood in front of me with an angry look on her face with her arms crossed. Before I asked her what was wrong she screamed "

'WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"What do you mean? I told you I would pick you up and 8:00 and it's 8:00 now!"

I double checked my watch.

It said 8:00 like it was supposed to.

"JAMES WE CHANGED OUR CLOCKS AHEAD A WEEK AGO!"

I didn't say anything. "

IT'S 9:00 JAMES!" She screamed.

"But Emily came 7:30." I answered back.
"EMILY NEVER CHANGED THE CLOCK! THAT'S WHY SHE'S EITHER LATE PR EARLY FOR EVERYTHING!" Maddie retorted.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"Josh, I don't think we should go on this date." Maddie said.

"But I-"
she closed the door in my face.

I slumped my shoulders down and turned around walking down the steps to the front porch.

I guess I'm back to square 1.