I Breathe You In With Smoke In The Backyard Light

"I met a girl who never looked so alone, like sugar water in your mouth luke warm." Vic sang melodically. I raised my fist up in the air and pumped it a couple times as I mouthed the words to "Hell Above".

I was sitting in the very front row of the concert, right in front of the stage. I saw Vic singing in front of me and I just watched as his beautiful face sang the song. "Cus this is a wasteland, my only retreat. With heaven above you there's hell over me." I smiled and looked up into those beautiful brown eyes.

I closed my eyes and truly began to feel the song. As they finished the song, Vic said, "Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that without you guys, our fans, we wouldn't be here. Thanks guys!" With that they walked off the stage. The concert was over.

I made a little pity frown and I turned to walk out. I was really sad. I had saved up all the money I could to get backstage passes, and after all I had done, it wasn't enough to buy one. I was really saddened.

I walked outside as a group of about 30 people walked around the building to head backstage. I turned around and started for my car, tears rushing down my face.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there was Vic. "H-h-hi...!" I said nervously.

"Hey, I saw you crying as you left, are you okay?" He asked sympathetically.

"N-not really..." I said.

"What's wrong?"

"Heh... Well I got as much money as I could to get backstage passes but I came here tonight to find it wasn't enough.." I began to cry again like an idiot.

"Oh.. Well I'm gonna make a deal with you okay?"

"O-okay..."

"I'll give you my number, only if you stop crying. I hate seeing girls cry, especially the pretty ones."

"O-okay.." I smiled.

"Phone?" He said as he held out his hand. I handed him my iPhone. "Oh, what's the password?"

"PTV..." I looked down embarrassed. He smiled softly and typed in the password. He went to my contacts and typed in his name and number. He handed my phone back. I shoved it in my pocket as he took his out.

"What's your number?" He asked, his contacts ready.

"314-749-9462," I answered (admin ~ fake number). He entered me in his phone as 'Girl from Concert'. I smiled softly. He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Like your shirt by the way." He said.

"Oh thanks, ha," I laughed. I was wearing my PTV muscle shirt.

He came closer to me and pushed my hair from my face. He wiped a stray tear from my cheek, leaned into my ear, and whispered, "Don't cry...". I looked down and smiled. He hugged me lovingly, then walked off. He turned around and yelled, "Text ya later!"

"K!" I yelled back. I turned around and started to walk to my car again. But this time, I was happy. I got into the drivers seat of my Cadillac (not my favorite thing ever, but cheap). I stared blankly for a moment, thinking 'Did that really just happen..?'

I shook out of it and started the car. I pulled out of my parking spot and began the ride home.