Chapter 14

Saturday 3pm

"Hey maybe we should take this one surfing" Dylan smiled as she put an arm around Keeva, and looked at Ruby. "Aha, no I do not think so!" Keeva shook her head, as the three girls walked along the beach. It was really warm today. "Oh come on, your not a proper Australian till you've surfed" Dylan told her. "...Well I'm Canadian so..." Keeva shrugged as she smiled.

"What do you guys do?" Ruby then asked. "I dont know" Keeva admitted. "We're known for our snow, maple syrup, and odd chip flavors but...we're just normal" Keeva chuckled a little. "Course your normal" Dylan told her smiling. "Yeah...I've snow boarded. That's cool, with friends. My family and I were supposed to be going on a skiing trip, last year but...jobs come first" Keeva sighed.

"Ach well you have us now! To the water?" Dylan grinned. "No! Not to the water" Ruby and Keeva laughed. "Oh fine fine!" Dylan sighed, as she took her arm from Keeva's neck.

Keeva had put on a vest top, with knee length shorts. Dylan had a nice bikini top on with shorts, and Ruby had a cute sun dress on. It was the first time Keeva had worn her hair up in a pony tail too.

"Okay, so how was the dinner last night?" Ruby asked, reminding Keeva about the night before and Luke. Her eyes widened as she turned to the girls, looking a little offended. "Whats up?" Dylan asked her. "...Speaking of people around here..." Keeva began. "When my mom and I went next door for dinner, we were greeted by a lovely couple. So sweet, and half way through before dinner the woman told me I could do down into this room, where her son was..." Keeva told them.

The girls turned to her, making her the full attention. "Oh yeah, I was like no it's fine! But she insisted. So knowing me, nervously walking to this room where I heard music getting played. I knocked on the door, and opened it. To my surprise, and sheer shock that four boys stood staring at me!" Keeva told the girls as she stopped walking. "Yeah...um, what were they're names? Michael. Calum, Ashton...oh and Luke!" Keeva exclaimed.

"What?!" The girls gasped at her. "You didnt tell me I lived next door to Luke Hemmings!" Keeva told them, still shocked. "Oh my...how where we supposed to know? You didnt tell us where you lived!" Dylan told her. "Wait! You stay in Victoria Avenue?" Ruby asked her. Dylan looked at Keeva rather surprised. "Um...yeah..." Keeva nodded, remembering her new home address. "No way! Near the suburbs! Like right up there!" Dylan pointed.

"Yeah...thats why I said i'd meet you at the beach. I was closer..." Keeva shrugged. "Dude!" Dylan sighed. "What?!" Keeva asked confused. "Where do you live? Not...the suburbs?" Keeva asked. "Yeah we live in the subs, but...different ones. We live like...in a street." Ruby giggled, making Dylan smile. "Your in that avenue. That is one fancy ass place" Dylan admitted to her and Ruby agreed nodding.

"Wait? what? I didnt...know that" Keeva admitted, looking down at the sand inbetween her toes. "Well your mom is...does have a cool job. Not surprised" Dylan shrugged. "Is it a...posh estate?" Keeva asked, and the girls looked at each other. "A little...but your not stuck up. Your cool!" Ruby hugged Keeva. "Well she isnt from here, of course she wouldnt know!" Dylan told Ruby as she smiled at Keeva.

"Perfect. Like living next door from Luke wasnt bad enough" Keeva sighed. "Its a bad thing?" Ruby asked, as she looked at her. "That's him, and his friends thats been keeping me up all night..." Keeva told them. "With the music?" Dylan nodded. "Yeah. Luke knew that, because I was like oh you play music and he was like ' was I keeping you awake ? ' and he still did it last night!" Keeva groaned.

"Didnt, or doesnt your mom hear?" Ruby asked, as they began to walk again. "Oh yeah, but not last night...I didnt get to sleep till like...three" Keeva shook her head. "The power of concealer" She then giggled. "Woah!" Dylan shook her head. "Thats crap! Told you he was an ass" Ruby sighed shaking her head. "It wasnt a pleasant first meeting anyway. I told him about myself, a little. Him too, and then we sorta got into an argument before I left" Keeva scoffed.