Chapter 22.

Wednesday 7:45pm.

Keeva sat outside on her porch. Thinking.

The sun was starting to go down, but the air was still warm. Taking in a breath, she held onto her glass of water. Taking in the neighbourhood, and the place around her she smiled. It wasnt too bad, being here. She did miss her dad but, so far it was okay.

Looking down at her phone, to the sound from a text message she saw Dylan's number.

' Hey! Are we still on for hanging out tomorrow? x '

Picking up her phone, Keeva replied.

' Yeah sure. See you and Ruby tomorrow :) x '

' Cool! See ya tomorrow ;P x '

Smiling, Keeva put down her phone and looked up to see a car drive into the street and slow down before stopping outside Luke's house. It was Luke, and she turned her face once she saw him through the windshield.

Trying to mind her own business, Keeva looked around away from Luke's sight. Not that he would go out of his way to talk to her, because who would? He did once, but that was once.

"Hey." A voice disturbed her and she turned to see Luke walking into her drive, holding his keys. A snapback on with jeans, boots and a t-shirt. A hesitant hey. Okay, maybe he would go out of his way to talk to her. "Hi." Keeva smiled, and nodded.

"What you doing out here?" He asked, before walking to the bottom of her step as she sat at the top. "Just thinking...what you doing?" She asked him. "Just back from Calum's" He told her, before biting on his lip. "Practicing?" She asked, with a smile. A chuckle escaped his mouth, before looked away and nodded. "Yeah, kinda. You could say that" He told her.

"Mhm...so will I get a sleep tonight?" She asked. Scoffing a little, he then shrugged. "Maybe. Why?" He asked, a little cocky. "Oh y'know just since I've got here...I've not had a decent nights sleep..." She told him narrowing her eyes. "Two weeks...but you know that" She told him. "Well obviously, new neighbour and all" He nodded. "I meant about me not getting to sleep" She corrected him.

Narrowing his eyes, he kept a small smile on his face as he nodded. "Sorry bout that..." He told her. "Yeah okay." Keeva sighed, before taking a sip of her water. Tapping a keychain off his hand, he looked around. "This is a lovely neighbourhood" She told him. "Its okay..." He told her. Keeva laughed softly, as she nodded still looking out.

"You buy anything nice yesterday?" Luke then asked her, making her look at him. "Not really...just whatever for next Friday" She nodded. "Next Friday?" He asked. "Yeah, the dance?" She told him. He thought for a moment before nodding. "Oh. Right...the girls got you up to speed already?" He smiled. "Speed? No, just sounds fun" She shrugged.

"Hm...you dont seem the type" He told her. "Again? Really? What type do I look?" She asked smiling. "I dont know..." He shrugged, smiling at her. Biting the inside of her lip, Keeva then looked away from him. "You going, to the dance?" She asked. "Me? No" He shook his head. "Why? Not your scene?" She asked him.

"Hm, something like that" He chuckled. "You'll just be practicing all night." She mocked slightly, as she hid a smile. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, putting a foot on the next step. "Nothing. Just saying" Keeva shrugged, swaying a little before taking another sip of water then taking her phone.

"Dont want to keep you so..." She sighed. "Your not." He told her simply. "Nothing to do then?" She asked him. "Not really." He shrugged, as he looked at her. "...Thanks for um...the other day. That was cool" She smiled.

"That's fine. I sorta enjoyed it too" He nodded. Keeva smiled before looking away. "We dont really get new people...in this neighbourhood. Especially next door, so I thought I'd be nice to show you around" Luke told her. "Well thanks, people back home wouldnt do that" She looked back at him. "How come? I thought Canadians were nice people?" He asked.

"They are. Its just...the person. Not everyone is nice. I'm just not good with blending in well..." She bit the inside of her lip. Frowning a little, Luke stared at her. "Outcast?" He then asked. Keeva scoffed a little before sighing. "I'm just...I dont, mold into what people want me to be. Sometimes thats a problem for teenagers in high school" She told him.

Luke nodded, before taking his foot back from the step. "Hm, yeah. School sucks..." He sighed. "People suck." She smiled, making him chuckle. "True." He nodded.

Just then Keeva's front door opened making her turn around, and Luke looked up.

"Oh hello Luke" Ella smiled at him. "Hello, Mrs Rivers" He nodded, with a small smile. "I didnt know you were here...am I disturbing?" She asked. "No, mom its fine" Keeva told her, turning back to face Luke. "Okay, well...your dads on the phone" Ella told Keeva. Keeva turned back around, making her hair hit her face.

"He is?!" She gasped a little. "He's fine. He wants to talk to you" Her mom smile warmly. Nodding, she then stepped into the house again. "I'll tell him youll be a moment" Ella told her, as she nodded a goodbye to Luke before closing the door over a little.

Keeva sighed, as she turned back to Luke and stood up. "Uh..." She began. "I'll let you, get that" Luke smiled. "Thanks..." Keeva smiled. "You must miss him." Luke told her, before biting his own lip. "Yeah, cant wait till he comes out here" She sighed, shaking her head as she looked out into the street.

"When is he coming here?" He asked her. "I dont know yet..." She then looked at him.  "Hopefully soon. See ya" She told him before turning and walking up a step on her porch. "See ya later..." He nodded, before turning and walking towards his own house.

"I'll uh...try and keep it down." He nodded, with a sly smile. Keeva laughed a little, before nodding and heading inside. She closed the door, and Luke got to his own door, before turning his head back towards Keeva's. He smiled, before walking into his home.