Chapter 88.

One week till prom.

March 29th.

5pm.

"Thank you!" Keeva smiled as she signed a package for a dad. "Have a nice day!" The delivery man, nodded before smiling and walking away. Keeva closed the door, the put the parcel on the table beside the front door.

She grabbed her bag, and headed up stairs towards her room. Throwing the bag down on her floor, she kicked her shoes off before grabbing a hair tie. Putting her hair into a high ponytail, she then walked over to her music stand before turning her music on.

Opening her closet, she picked out some ripped leggings and a cooler shirt. Grabbing a towel, she closed the door before opening her window. Walking out her room, she headed to the bathroom before jumping in the shower.

She hated P.E

Once she'd finished and changed, she headed back into her room and brushed out her hair. Pulling it back into a ponytail, she brushed her bangs before applying some moisturizer. A familiar sound from her laptop made her turn. An email.

Frowning, she walked over and sat down. Moving her mouse pad, her screen came to life. An email sat in her inbox, from another school in Canada. Accepting her. This was now the third. She'd applied for few, heard back from three. Applied for a couple in Australia, heard back from one.

Maybe this was sign. To go back.

Closing over her laptop, she sighed. Her door bell went, and she turned her head. Getting up, she walked out her room and down the stairs to the door. Opening it, Will stood.

"Studying buddy, is here" He chuckled. "Helloo" Keeva laughed, as she let him in. "First of all, I managed to pick up your study notes, but your missed the work today." He frowned a little. "Mm, the joys of being a the new student in a school. Check ups with head of year." She mocked.

"Did you take notes?" She asked, and he nodded. "Great!" She grinned, taking his notes also and walked into her living room. Sitting down, she opened his folder and scanned his work. "Okay, so...I copy these down, you help me with the work from today...we have food, then finish off the essay. How does that sound?" She asked.

"Sounds good." Will sat down on her sofa, smiling. "Awesome. Hold on, turn my music off!" She smiled, before she stood up and ran upstairs.

-

8pm.

"My head...is stinging." Will complained. "You've only got the conclusion to write" Keeva smiled, as she finished off her essay. "I've done nothing but study today" He sighed, looking at her. "Come on. Once its finished, its finished!" Keeva giggled.

"Hmmm!" He whined as he looked down at his work. He began to write again, as Keeva put a full stop on her work. "Well, thats me all caught up. Thanks for the notes!" She grinned at him. "Anyway Keev." He nodded, smiling writing.

His phone chimed.

He lifted his phone from her table, and sighed. "Nick's looking for me...and my mom..." He chuckled. "Everything okay?" She asked. "Oh yeah, mom's just wondering when I'm coming home. She thinks I'm out with Nick" He nodded.

"Oh." Keeva frowned a little. "Because I usually hang out with him." He then smirked. "Oh." She nodded, more with a smile. "Suppose I'll have to head after I finish this...." He nodded. "Sure, thats fine. Thanks again for tonight" She told him. "Anytime." He nodded, as he finished off and put a full stop on his work.

"Ah! Yes! Finished!" He cheered, and Keeva laughed. "What?" He laughed. "That...does not sound right" She giggled. "Oh very funny, trust you!" He mocked, laughing. Keeva handed him his notebook with a smile. "Thanks" He smiled, as he packed it away into his bag. Keeva put her folder on her table as she stood up.

Will followed as they walked to her front door. "Are you always alone at night?" He asked her, as she opened her front door. "Depends. My dad is busy starting work, so he decided to stay late. My mom sometimes doesnt even come home till the next day" She shrugged. Will widened his eyes.

"Power of being an attorney. She's traveled from here, to...Brisbane, Melbourne and...Adelaide." She told him. "Woah! Your mom rocks" He chuckled. "Yeah...she used to travel to Vancouver, Toronto and once even in America." She told him, as she closed her door, and walked down her porch steps with him.

"Awesome. Your mom sounds cool! Havent officially met her but, I'm sure she is" He nodded. "She is" She nodded with a smile. "Well, thanks for coming over." She told him. "Yeah, no problem!" He nodded, before he hugged her. Keeva hugged him back, before he got into his car. Starting it up, he drove off before beeping his horn once and waving.

Keeva waved back with a smile, before she turned to head back inside.

Looking up, she noticed a figure standing at Luke's door. It was Luke.

Walking up her steps, she sighed.

"Are you spying on me" She asked him. "Not spying, when I come back home from a walk." He told her. "So you werent staring over?" She asked. "Cant I look outside my house?" He shrugged. Keeva sighed before shaking her head.

"Will must be jumping for joy. Now he's got you all to himself." He told her. "Will doesnt have me. It's called friendship. I get along with people who dont lie to me!" She got a dig in. Keeva stared over at him before sighing, and heading inside.

-

11pm

Keeva lay on her bed, on her phone as she listened to music through her headphones.

She saw her door open at the side of her eye. She looked at saw her mom walk in with a bag.

"Hey!" She smiled, taking off her headphones. "Hello honey. How are you?" Her mom hugged her. "Im fine, how are you?" Keeva asked. "Im doing good. Tired...so is your dad. He's sleeping on the sofa" She smiled. "Oh, he's back? I never heard him." She turned to her headphones and smiled.

"How was school?" Ella asked. "It was...school" Keeva laughed. Ella smiled as she sighed a little. "How are prom plans coming along?" Her mom asked. "Um...normal?" Keeva shrugged. "Have you found a dress?" She asked. "Oh I'll just wear one I have." Keeva nodded. Ella frowned a little.

"What?" Keeva asked. "Thats a shame because...I saw this, and thought maybe you'd like it?" Ella handed her the bag. Keeva took it from her, and raised an eyebrow. "Mom..." Keeva began. "Shhh" Her mom hushed her. Keeva opened the bag and peered inside. She silently gasped, before pulling the top half of the dress out.

It was grey, and patterned at the top.

"Its a long one." Ella smiled. "Mom! Oh my gosh, its beautiful!" Keeva exclaimed. "So you like it?" Ella smiled. "I love it! Thank you so much!" Keeva hugged her mom. "Im glad! Your very welcome honey." Ella hugged her. "Its beautiful..." Keeva smiled, as she stared at it.