Chapter 13

Hopes POV

I was at Kelleys house in Georgia. It was a lot of fun. Today she had a game against Houston Dash.

I was in the front row stands cheering her on. After the game I met up with Carli.

"Hey Carli. Long time no see." I say at the coffee shop.

"Hey hope. How's it going?"

"It's good. Been fun here in Georgia." She nods.

"So. You like kelley?" She asks. It looks like it was forced. I decide to let it slide for now.

"Ya. She's great." I say. She just nods and sips her coffee.

"How are you and Brian?" She tenses.

"Um. We broke up."

"Why?"

"He said I was to distracted by someone else." She looks down.

"Oh. Who?" She pauses. Then grabs my hand and takes me to the bathroom. As soon as the door closes she slams her lips into mine.

I don't know what I was doing when I kissed her back. Soon she pulls away.

"You." Is all she says before leaving. I'm in shock and don't leave the bathroom for a few minutes. I was so confused.

Now I don't know what I want. I'm dating Kelley and it would brake her heart into a million pieces if I ended it for Carli. Carli would hate me and I would lose my bestfriend.

I go back to Kelleys in a trance.

"Hope. Babe. Are you okay?" Kelley asks. I snap out of it.

"Ya. Fine. Let's eat I'm starving." I put on a fake smile.

"Okay." She says cheerfully and starts supper. I really enjoyed watching her cook. She was so happy and jumpy.

My little ball of energy. I didn't know what to do. This decision might drive me insane.

Tobin's POV

Today we leave for Canada. We'll meet in New York first. As soon as we get to the meeting room where everyone else was I could immediately tell something was wrong.

Kelleys as sitting by herself. She looked really tired. Red puffy and bloodshot eyes. I didn't see Hope till I spotted Carli.

I immediately get why Kelley liked so misrable. All my hate returns for Hope.

"Where's Hope?" Alex asks.

"Over there. Go to kelley." I say keeping my eyes on Hope. Alex goes to Kelley. Hope notices me glaring at her and she seems to shrink.

I act natural and sit down in front of Carli and Hope. I turn around.

"Hey guys." I say sweetly. Carli looks at me scared.

"H-Hi Tobin. How are you and Alex?" She asks nervously.

"We're good. How are you guys? Break any hearts lately? I'm thinking two? Maybe?"

"None of your business." Hope says. I get angry and drop the smile.

"Oh. So it's none of my business when you brake one of my best friends heart?" I hiss.

"I made my decision between the two. Deal with it. I make my own choices. Go away if you're not gonna be nice." Hope says back.

"Fine. You're still the selfish, only think of myself goalie everyone knows. I'm not gonna be nice so I will leave." I shove my chair back and go sit next to Kelley and Alex. I slump down.

"It's okay Tobin." Kelley says and gives me a weak smile. Then she sniffs.

"No it's not. I'm sorry Kelley. Well get her back." I say. Then ignore everyone after that.

No one should have to go through that. Twice. Hope's a bitch. All she does is think of herself and goes after the better ones. I'm it saying Kelley isn't good. Carli must've lured her in. Kelley is the sweetest person you'll ever meet.

Kelleys POV

After the meeting I go with Alex to our room. Tobin looked angry and sad the whole meeting. I felt bad for her.

She cares so much for me and it seemed to hurt just as much as it hurt me. I tryed to tell her to not worry but she ignored me. She was rooming with Lauren so maybe she might help keep Tobin calm.

"Anything I can do?" Alex asks.

"No. Thank you though." I smile at her and put my headphones in.

I love you by Alex and Sierra comes on.

I fell in love with a beautiful girl, and she still takes my breath away.
I fell in love in the morning sun.
While the hours slipped away.
Sometimes when I hear your name
A smile creeps on my face.
And for reasons I can't explain
It's never out of place.

Flashback

Its been a week and thirteen days after my game and Hope was disappearing for hours at a time. I had no idea where she was leaving to and she wouldn't tell me. Siad to not worry about it.

But I was worring.

It was a Friday when my world came crashing down.

"Hey Kelley. I need to talk to you." My heart speeds up at that. I follow her outside to the deck. We look over to the ocean.

"Kelley. Well. What I'm trying to say is."

"What? Spit it out. I've never seen you at a lost for words." I smile. She doesn't smile back.

"I'm breaking up with you." My heart skips a beat then stops. "I've come to realise that you don't love me that much. And Carli loves me. She gave up Brian for me. What did you give up? Nothing. Bye Kelley. See you at camp." Then she leaves. Apparently she had already packed.

Only when she had left I let the tears fall.

End of flashback

Hope was right. I hardly gave up anything for her. Carli gave a man who loved her for the worlds best goalie who I guess loved her back. Now I know where she was going to.

The song ends and I don't realise that I had tears on my face. I pull out my headphones.

"Kelley? Are you okay?" Alex asks kneeling down next to my bed. I slowly look down at her. I shake my head no.

Alex gets into bed next to me and holds me as my silent tears fell down my face.