Chapter 14

Tobin's POV

It's been a week since camp started. I've been a grump all week and everyone has noticed. Even coaches. They've made me do extra work and it will stop when I'm in a better mood.

I use that extra practice and workouts to take my anger and frustration out. And I've been doing a hell better than I have in the past.

I just finished doing extra sprints. Those ones were not my all time favorite but I still do it. I get a drink of water and go to the locker room. Everyone but Morgan and Hope is gone to the bus waiting for me to finish.

Once I walk in Hope comes up to me.

"Tobin. Can I talk to you?" I see Morgan grab her stuff and leave quickly. I brush past Hope and go to my locker.

"Sure." I say flatly. I take my shirt off and wipe away the sweat. Hope takes a seat on the bench in front of me.

"I know why you're being a grump." She starts. I snort.

"Well good for you. I pretty sure every damn person on this team knows why." I say and pull a cut off on. I see Hope trying not to kill me for that remark.

"Look. I made my choice. Kelley did nothing. Carli did nothing. I made my choice. Please be happy. With you acting like a bitch everyone else is pissed." I shrug and pull on compression pants.

"Carli did do something. She dragged you into the bathroom. I assume she kissed you. She came out without you and payed for the bill. You came out a while later like you saw a ghost. That sum it up?" I ask smirking. Her mouth is open.

"How'd you know?" I smile big.

"I know the owner of that coffee shop." Her mouth shuts.

"Fine that's what happened. Just. Please let it go and be happy again? We all miss our happy, energetic, and childish Tobin." I put my sunglasses on and stand up. She stands as well.

"You mean you miss Kelley. She's the happy, energetic, childish one." I say and playfully shove her head. "But. I'll work on my attitude. Let's go before they come in here and make us do extra stuff. I've had enough of it." She laughs. We walk out seperately and take our respective seats next to our girlfriends and best friends.

"What was that about?" Alex asks when I sit down. I slump down and make myself comfortable for the long trip back to the hotel. 

"Nothin really. She asked me to be in a better mood cause everyone was starting to get pissed with me being upset and to just except her choice. Nothing to worry." I start to put my headphones in.

"Hey. So are you gonna be in a better mood? I'm tired of you being a grump. It's no fun." She pouts. I sit up.

"I'm sorry. You know why. Yes. Il work on a better attitude. I'll tell coaches later. Now can I listen to music?" I ask. She rolls her eyes.

"No. I wanna talk to my girlfriend. When was the last time you showered? Cause I know you didn't shower today or yesterday."

"Ya. Take a shower. You stink Heath!" Ashlyn shouts to me. I lean look over to the row of seats across from us.

"Shut up Harris!" I yell to her. I see her look at me and smile.

"No. You know I hate showering. When I shower my hair gets messed up." I whisper so know one hears me.

"Well then get some hair products or have someone do it or get a different hair style. You can't go a few days without showering because it'll ruin your hair." She whispers back.

"You know." I jump. "Ali's brother is a hair stylist."

"Wtf Ashlyn!" I yell at her. I look up and see Ashlyn looking down at us.

"Wow. That's no way to talk to your elders."

"You're not that much older than me." Alex gets up and goes and sits with Ali. They watch us. Ashlyn gets up and starts walking to sit next to me.

"Three years Tobin. I'm older. Let's leave it at that."she plops down next to me.

"I'm taller."

"I surf better."

"I can do more tricks."

"I shower everyday."

"Ugh! Stop! Ashlyn you do not shower everyday. Just hug." Ali says. I smile.

"I'm sorry Ashlyn." I say dramatically and fling my arms out.

"I'm sorry Tobin." She flings her arms out to and we hug and act all sappy.

Alex and Ali groan behind us. We let go and I motion for her to follow me. We get into the empty seats behind them.

I count down and at one we stand up and lean over and kiss them from above.

"We're sorry. We're friends still!" Ashlyn says.

"Sorry lex." I say.

"We know your still friends by your dramatic hug." Alex says folding her arms.

"Oh just stop already! Make up, hug, and kiss your girlfriends and go back to being disgustingly cute!" Pinoe says from behind us. We smile at her. I hug Ashlyn then Alex from behind and kiss the top of her head.

"We good?" I ask.

"Yes. Now go cause some more havoc on everyone." Alex says. I look at Ashlyn and I know what she's thinking.

We hurry to an empty area on the bus and start planning our scheme to prank the whole team.

A/N: oh dudes I majorly fcked up. I'm also depressed and have anxiety so it's been a great past months. 😊😑😞😶