Steady Flame

Roy and Riza made their vows on a bright spring day. They were surrounded by all their friends, and a whole military escort. Roy was wearing his uniform, metals, hat and all. Riza was wearing a stunning, long white dress. Everyone was stunned by her beauty that she usually hid under her uniform, with her hair up. Today her long blond hair blew in the gentile breeze. Roy ran his hands through it as they sealed their marriage with a slow kiss. Everyone cheered, and Roy tossed his hat in the air like at a graduation party. Riza beamed at her brides maid, Winry, and tossed her bouquet. Alphonse caught it, and May smiled up at him. Everyone had returned to Central for the big event. Ling and Lan Fan held hands, and danced through the crowd with their hunters  grace. 

The reception was crowded and noisy. Roy, Alex, Ed, Ling and Scar were drinking just a little too much. Winry, May, Lan Fan, and Riza danced for hours. When it came time to cut the cake, Roy shoved frosting in Riza's face. This caused her to accidentally get some frosting up his nose. Everyone cheered and clapped. 

As the newly married couple took the last dance, Riza whispered, "Thank you for being my unwavering flame through all this." Roy smiled down at her. "You were mine too you know." She blushed softly. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it this high in the military, and I'd probably have burned out." She hugged him, and let a single tear fall. "Our fire burns brighter than any in the world." She said, and sent up a spark that ignited a row of fireworks. Everyone cheered, and when it died down, the couple had slipped into their limo to go home for the night. 

The final chess piece had been played. Amestris was at peace with Ishval and Xing, thanks to the efforts of Roy Mustang, and his steady flame. His Queen. 

_______

Thank you so much for reading my story! Royai is my favorite otp and I enjoyed writing this fanfic! Feel free to read any of my other stories, and if you have any requests i may write them. Thank you again!