Queen

Roy made his way down the white halls of the hospital with his head held high. He knew no one would question the Fuhrer visiting his first lieutenant. She had no family, so he was all she had left. When he made it to Riza's room, he knocked lightly before entering. He wasn't sure if she'd want to see him. 

"Lieutenant?" He asked as he opened the door. "Hello sir." She responded, already sitting up in bed and cleaning a gun. "How did you get that in here?" Roy asked, surprised. "I'm military..." Was all she replied, her voice faint. Roy took the armchair at the side of her bed, and handed her a small box. "What's this?" She asked, not opening it. Her training had taught her to ask before opening things handed to her. It could explode for all she knew. "Let me explain." He said, putting his elbows on his knees and staring blankly at the white walls. "I was wounded that you didn't tell me about you.. Fire alchemy." Her eyes narrowed. Roy took a deep breath. "Then I realized you owed me nothing, so I wasn't mad anymore." Riza leaned back, putting her gun under her pillow and holding the small box. "I was so worked up the whole time you were gone. I could barely work. Now that I think back on it a week later, I would rather die than lose you again." Riza's eyes began to swim. "So... Open the box. Riza took the ribbon off the small felt box and popped it open. Inside, a small sparkling ring sat, surrounded by a fluffy cushion. It was made of silver and gold, intertwined to hold a dazzling diamond in place. Riza's hand fluttered to her mouth, which had opened in surprise. "Marry me, and be the queen of Amestris." He spoke gently, and kissed her hair. She began crying, and rested her face on his shoulder. Roy wrapped an arm around her shoulders, and let her cry. "I'm sorry. I usually don't get emotional." She sobbed, and dried her eyes on her night gown.  Roy smiled at his lieutenant. "Riza..." Riza looked up again, surprised to hear him using her name, and he slid the ing onto her finger. "I need you. I love you." She smiled, and kissed him. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She whispered, squeezing his hand for comfort. "That's in the past now." 

...

Riza put her guns away, standing in front of her locker in the military base. Her backup lieutenant and Ross stood with her. "I'm going on vacation." She stated, turning to Havoc. "We know. Roy won't shut up about it." Ross smirked. Riza rolled her eyes at her friends. "Okay, but you can handle everything without me?" She pushed, trying to make herself feel good aout leaving work for so long. Havoc put a hand on her shoulder. "We did it, plus keeping Roy mostly sane when you were gone. We can do it again." She smiled, and hugged the two. "Thank you." 

That night, Roy and Riza boarded a train to go far away for three weeks. Roy of course had to bring some military equipment. Just because he was on break didn't mean he wasn't Fuhrer. The held hands and smiled as their friends waved goodbye on the platform. Edward and Winry were standing hand in hand, with Black Hayate by their feet. Al, Ross and Havoc were saluting, and winking at the same time. "Don't die!" Havoc shouted jokingly. Roy stuck his tongue out, feeling playful. Then the Fuhrer and his queen took off into the cool night, feeling happy for the first time in forever.