Chapter 9

3 Months Later.

Patricks POV

So I finally taught Pete how to speak basic english which is fantastic! Except the fact that his favorite word is cute and he keeps calling me it, as well as every thing we see. I managed to get him to separate from his armour and I buried it in the backyard and planted a flower bush over it. So it doesnt look suspicious of course.

The guy in the black suit keeps coming back and I am getting worried. He is getting increasingly pushy but hasn't gotten a warrent. The woods have been off limits ever since they found the crash and it has put both Pete and I on edge.

Even now when he can talk and dress normally his eyes and tattoos still give him away if he ever slips up.

Right now we are sitting watching his favorite movie the nightmare before christmas. He took quite a liking to it for some reason. I sit strocking his hair softly as he hums along to the tune of the songs.

Me and Pete are going to have to move. We cant stay here any longer without someone finding out and taking him from me. Ive gotten so close to him that I feel letting him go now would kill me. He has been the thing that has gotten me through these long months after my mothers death. Sure he is a bit of a handful but hes just like a puppy.

I lift his head and stand up. He looks at me confused.  " Don't go cutie." He says sadly reaching a hand out for me.

" I just have to go to the bathroom." I say and I walk off. Maybe this relationship is unhealthy. Pete isnt even human what if he wants to go back home but instead is stuck here?

Pete's POV

Ever since Patrick taught me to speak like him things have gotten alot easier around here. I am getting increasingly worried about his saftly however as the days tick by. Its been a little over 3 months on Earth since my ship crashed here. I am worried because this means that soon my home planet will realize we did not return as it only takes about 2 Earth months to travel home. Which means that they are or possibly already have sent out a rescue misson.  Or more likely a new team to gather human subjects.

They also have tracking devices in all our armour so they can collect it if we died. Which means me and Patrick basically buried a alien tracking device in the backyard.

I wish he didnt believe we had to bury it. Within the next month someone will be coming to collect.

I know I should take the armour and leave but I fear I would break the cute ones heart as well as my own. I see him as almost the lover I could never find on my own planet.

I feel maybe perhaps Patrick feels the same. He changes colour whenever I touch him I find it facinating.

I know he is becoming parinoid he hardly lets anyone in the door anymore. He never leaves the house and has become pale with dark eye circles. I know I am the cause of this and it makes me feel even more guilty. If things had gone as planned that day...

If Patrick would have never been in the woods I would have taken someone else. The ship would still have been crashed and I would have died in the forest. I see Patrick as my saviour on top of everything and so it hurts me to know I am causing all this pain.

I sit up on the couch and look at the TV one last time before standing slowly. I walk to the bathroom door and rest my forehead against it. I can hear Patrick muttering to himself and the sink running. I place my hand on the panel of wood and push off.

I ruined this poor innocent man. I take a step back from the door slowly and walk out the padio doors. I close them behind me and reach my arm out. My tattoos had long ago faded black from not using my powers. They burn red as my armour bursts from the ground and coils up my arm. I close my eyes as the cold metal moves against my skin. I look bavk at the house one last time before running away back towards the forest.

A/n so this story may only have a few more updates or alot more updates its really 50/50.