Chapter 11: This party stinks. Or does it?

It was 7:00 pm and I can say that the party had started. That wasn't important. I still didn't have a freaking date! Hank had already changed to his specially customized suit that was etched with several patterns and designs.

"Gosh I'm late! Abby's gonna kill me!" Hank panicked as he sprayed his black skull perfume that his dad bought him. Hank was about leaving me but then paused. My face brightened thinking that Hank would chill with his lonely bro, but we both know that's not possible. "I almost forgot. If you're hungry, there's a slice of pizza from this afternoon and some lemonade to eat and drink since... you know... you're not going", He said awkwardly. "Yeah Hank. Way to rub it in my face", I muttered crossing my arms and staring blankly at the glass wall.

"You know, just because I don't have a date doesn't mean I can't have fun. Right?" I asked Hank for backup.

"Actually, it kinda does because other guys are gonna have dates", he taunted.

I got tired of the teasing and mockery. I had to prove Hank wrong.

"You know what? I'm going. And I will show you that you don't need a girl to have fun!" I retorted.

"Have it your way", Hank said raising his hand up innocently. The door then shut behind him.

"What are you waiting for Mike? Go! Go! Go!" I yelled at myself which, when I come to think of it was pretty weird.

I didn't want to dress too formal since I was... Single. So, I put on my black denim jeans, my red nikeys and my white net shirt. Just playing it cool. I left the apartment building ready to get a cab. The entire apartment building was quiet. It seems everyone there had a date.

"Alright! Take me to the Homecoming dance party around the corner and then straight down", I instructed the driver.

"Aye Aye sir!" He replied enthusiastically.

I cocked my head to one side in confusion. Aye Aye? And I thought I was weird.

"Say sir, where's your date?" he asked with his eyes still fixed on the road. I didn't want to seem more pathetic than I already am so I lied to him that my date was waiting at the party.

"You're lying", he said.

"Huh?" I managed.

"It's one of the abilities I have. You know, like a truth detector. Besides, you reek of loneliness", he explained.

"And how does that smell like?" I asked with curiosity.

"Vanilla and tears", he replied.

"Nice to know", I said seeming quite uninterested.

It didn't take long before we arrived at the homecoming venue. You could tell from afar that there was really a party going on. The building was pretty huge and like nothing I've ever seen before. It was like a silver globe that occasionally changed color. The party was highly guarded by soldiers like that at the entrance but that didn't stop the party from being wild. I read the sign outside that said," HUNNINGS ACADEMY'S MULTI PURPOSE ARENA"

I took a deep breath and opened the doors. Immediately I opened the doors, I was welcomed by a blast of music that was resonating through the air. The hall was massive. Probably as huge as a football field. Everywhere I looked, people were dancing, drinking and making out. As I was taking in my surrounding, somebody grabbed my shoulder.

"Mike! You came!" Clarke exclaimed.

"Hey! Clarke. It's so good to see you especially now that you're better", I said.

"It was no biggie really. They just had to extract all the poison out of my body" he replied showing my the tube that was still on his arm. Alicia, who had been standing at Clarke's side for a while came and hugged me which took me by surprise. She looked so much different. For Starters, she wasn't wearing her glasses.